Meanings of Acute
1. Extremely severe and sharp
2. Keenly perceptive or discerning, ingenious
3. Having a sharp point
Master’s Tip to Learn Acute
Acute can be broken down as ‘A+cute’ and it can then be related by the fact that a cute person is either loved by others for his cuteness or hated by some for their popularity, in short they can evoke ‘extreme’ emotions and hence the word acute.
Sentence examples for Acute:
1. Einstein is said to have been a man of uncommonly acute intelligence.
2. He was an acute businessman and a truly brilliant editor.
3. He is suffering from acute diarrhea.