Definition & Meaning: Ambul Root Word
What does the Ambul root word mean?
One of the most common words, which is based on this root is Ambulance, so the meaning of this word will help you remember and understand the meaning of this root. The word Ambulance means – a vehicle used for carrying sick or hurt people to hospital especially during emergencies. The word comes from the Ambul root word which means ‘to move/ walk’
The somnambulist met with an accident and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance.
Words Based on the Ambul Root Word
Additional words based on Ambul Root Word:
1. Ambulatory : Related to or adapted for walking
2. Ambulant : Able to walk about
3. Ambulation: To move from one place to another
4. Circumambulate: Walk all the way round
5. Perambulate: To travel over or through especially on foot
6. Somnambulant: Walking or having the habit of walking while asleep.
7. Noctambulist: As similar to somnambulant ; walking while asleep
8. Funambulist: A tightrope walking
9. Preamble: Something that comes before and leads to something else
10. Ambulance chaser: A lawyer or lawyer’s agent who incites accident victims to sue for damages.
11. Ambulacral: Of or relating to any of radical areas of echinoderms along which run the principal nerves, blood vessels and elements of the water vascular system.
12. Amble: Slow easy walk
Hope you are able to learn some words related to Ambul Root Word from this article. Remember, it is all about increasing your vocabulary and word roots is a wonderful method of learning multiple words at the same time.