Appreciation: Meaning, Sentences, Synonyms and Antonyms
Appreciation is all about understanding. When you show your appreciation to someone, you are thanking them, but you’re also telling them that you understand what they have done.
Pronunciation of Appreciation: uh-pree-shee-ey-shuhn
Meanings of Appreciation
1. An expression of gratitude or thankful recognition.
2. A judgment or opinion, especially a favorable one.
3. Recognition of the quality, value or significance of people and things.
4. An increase in the value /price of property or goods.
Our Super Tip to learn the word
Well, think about the thing about which you know a lot and understand it. For example, if you know a lot about wine, you could be said to have an appreciation of it. Appreciation also means a rise in value—you might refer to the appreciation of the value of a house.
Examples sentence for Appreciation
1. “In closing, I would like to once again express my heartfelt appreciation to the president and all our friends from the media.”
2. The course develops managers to have a critical appreciation of the disciplines of media management at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
3. The expectation of price appreciation leads to a rapid increase in the sale of cars last year.
Synonyms of appreciation
Recognition, Gratitude, Regard, Understanding, Admiration, Taste, Esteem, Perception, Awareness, Comprehension
Antonyms of appreciation
Hatred, Depreciation, Disgust, Ingratitude, Disregard, Detestation, Abomination, Aversion, Thanklessness, Antipathy