Is basically used as financial term, that means something valuable belonging to a person or organization which can be used for the payment of debts. An asset may be tangible or intangible. The ones such as land, building etc are tangible assets, whereas goodwill of a company is an intangible asset.
Dictionary definitions of Asset:
1. A useful or valuable quality, person, or thing; an advantage or resource: proved herself an asset to the company.
2. A valuable item that is owned.
3. A spy working in his or her own country and controlled by the enemy.
4. A useful or valuable quality, skill or person.
Master Tip to learn Asset:
It is simply a valuable thing of yours, which may or may not generate income or profits for you in the future. In terms of visualization, assets should be seen as wads of money, all stacked up in neat rows and lying on your table. Well, if this happens, it would be cool, super cool in fact. Just imagine the things you can with this money lying on your table.
There are also another kinds of assets that we can talk of, the ones females carry. Men do keep a view on their assets, don’t we? What do we mean by this? Just search a women’s assets on google and you would know.
1. Well another asset of a company is an intangible asset called goodwill.
2. Fixed assets used by the charity should be briefly described, ex. desktop computer, or make of motor vehicle.
3. Asset pricing is not a book to be missed.
4. There is also the issue of valuing firms by tangible assets.