Definition & Meaning: Bole Root Word
The word root bole originates from Greek bole or ballein which means to throw, send, put. It usually refers to something which is thrown. Hyperbolizing, for instance, is the act of overstating or doing something to an excessive degree. Literally the word comes from Greek Hyperballein which means “to throw over or beyond”. To understand a hyperbole let’s use this quote by Francis Bacon.
“The speaking in a perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing by love”.
A bit of exaggeration is agreeable only in love and not elsewhere. Now let’s understand the Parabola. Para means beside and bole is to throw. Hence when a cone is intersected by a plane parallel to its side, the emerging symmetrical, open plane curve is a parabola. When you throw an object, the path of the projectile motion follows the curve of the parabola. Symbol, is a representation of something else. So it essentially is Syn “together” and ballein “to throw”. To throw things together is to symbolize one thing with respect to the other. On a simpler note, ballistic refers to objects in flight under gravity, after being thrown
Words Based on the Bole Root Word
Following is a list of words based on the Bole Root Word:
1. Hyperbole: An exaggeration.
2. Diabolic: Evil.
3. Ecbolic: An agent that introduces contractions in the uterus.
4. Hyperbola: a symmetrical open curve formed by the intersection of a circular cone with a plane at a smaller angle with its axis than the side of the cone.
5. Hyperbolic: An exaggerated statement.
6. Anabolism: The synthesis of complex molecules in living organisms from simpler ones together with the storage of energy.
7. Catabolism: The breakdown of complex molecules in living organisms to form simpler ones, together with the release of energy.
8. Metabolism: The chemical processes that occur within a living organism in order to maintain life.
9. Symbol: A thing that represents or stands for something else.
10. Parable: A simple story used to illustrate a moral lesson
11. Symbolist: Someone who is skilled in the interpretation or representation of symbols.
12. Tombola: A game in which people pick tickets out of a revolving drum and certain tickets win immediate prizes.
13. Epibolic: The movement and spreading out of cells into sheets of tissue that overlie or surround other groups of cells.
14. Halometabolism: Complete metamorphosis.
15. Thromboembolism: Obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot that has become dislodged from another site in the circulation.
16. Parabola: A symmetrical open plane curve formed by the intersection of a cone with a plane parallel to its side.
17. Ballista: A catapult used in ancient warfare for hurling large stones.
We hope this article on the commonly used Bole Root Word and it has been helpful to you in remembering the words based on the Root Word Bole and enhance your vocabulary.
“Every perfect life is a parable invented by God”.