Definition & Meaning: Bomb Root Word
The politics of our day is being shaped by the word root bomb. Hiroshima- Nagasaki bombing is the most pertinent narrative of how the deep, horrifying sound of a bomb resonates centuries after the actual calamity. The word root bomb comes from Latin bombos “deep and hollow sound”.
A bomb is an explosive weapon detonated by impact. All the words springing out from this word root bomb generally revolve around the action of bombing. While a Bomber is an aircraft designed for bombing, a firebomb is designed to start fires. A Bombsight is a device in a combat aircraft for determining the point at which to drop a bomb in order to strike a target.
Words Based on the Bomb Root Word
Following is a list of words based on the Bomb Root Word:
1. Bomb: An object which detonates on impact.
2. Bombard: To attack with bombs, shells or missiles.
3. Bombarded: Attacked with bombs.
4. Bombardier: The member of a bomber crew responsible for using the bombsight and releasing the bombs on the target.
5. Bombardment: The act of subjecting a body or substance to the impact of high-energy particles.
6. Bomber: An aircraft designed for carrying and dropping bombs.
7. Bombsight: A device in a combat aircraft for determining the point at which to drop a bomb in order to strike a target.
8. Counter bombardment: Bombardment intended to destroy enemy weapons.
9. Firebomb: A bomb designed to start fire.
We hope this article on the commonly used Bomb Root Word and it has been helpful to you in remembering the words based on the Root Word Bomb and enhance your vocabulary.