Definition & Meaning: Bon Root Word
The bare sound of the word root bon sketches a smile on our face. Indeed it has to be something good. In factories, for instance, the workers await their bonus after a year of toil. For the factory worker’s family, this bonus is just a boon, little more than a means to an end, but for the worker it symbolizes the bona fide labor that he has put in continuously for a year. The apex in the day of a worker is when he enjoys his meal. His eyes glisten as he walks towards the canteen. He smiles when someone wishes him Bon Apetit!. The word root Bon comes from Latin for good. The interjection Bon Voyage is used to bid a nice trip to the traveler.
Words Based on the Bon Root Word
Following is a list of words based on the Bon Root Word:
1. Bon voyage: Phrase used to wish someone to have a good trip.
2. Bona fide: In good faith, genuinely.
3. Bonanza: Treasure trove, cash cow.
4. Bonbon: Sweet.
5. Bonhomie: Agreeability.
6. Bonism: The doctrine that the world is good but not perfect.
7. Bonitas: Goodness.
8. Bonne Femme: in the manner of a good wife.
9. Bonny: Beautiful.
10. Bonus: Something given or paid in addition to what is expected
11. Boon: Advantage.
12. Bounteous: Generous.
13. Bountiful: Abundant.
14. Bounty: Bonus, compensation.
15. Debonair: Charming, elegant.
16. Pro Bono: For the good of.
17. Summum bonum: The highest good.
18. Super abound: Over- abundant.
19. Bonjour: Good day
We hope this article on the commonly used Bon Root Word and it has been helpful to you in remembering the words based on the Root Word Bon and enhance your vocabulary.