Definition & Meaning: Botan Root Word
The word root botan means plant life. Plants make oxygen. We breathe it to live. Without the word root botan our very roots would be eradicated. The word root botan stares at you through the grass on your lawn, through the leaves of the tree just outside your college. Whenever you go by it, a gush of vitality floods your soul and blossoms even the deepest recesses of your conscience. You feel happy and full of life.
The word root botan comes from Greek, meaning plant or herb. Sigmund Freud rightly said that the plants and flowers are restful to look at since they neither have emotions nor conflict. Botany is the study of plant life and a Botanist is a naturalist. Since medicines are made from plants it is often said that Botany is the eldest daughter of medicine.
Words Based on the Botan Root Word
Following is a list of words based on the Botan Root Word:
1. Botany: The study of plant life.
2. Botanist: A naturalist.
3. Botanical: Relating to plants.
4. Paleobotany: study of fossil plants and plant evolution.
5. Astrobotany: Branch of botany that investigates the possibility that plants grow on other planets.
6. Botanography: Written descriptions of plants.
7. Botanophilous: Someone who loves plants.
8. Botanophobia: Fear of plants.
9. Ethnobotanist: An ethnologist who studies relationships between people from various cultures and their plant life.
10. Ethnobotany: The plant lore and agricultural customs of a people.
11. Geobotanical: A reference to the scientific study of the effects of various geological environments on plants.
12. Geobotanist: Someone who studies the geographic distribution of plants.
We hope this article on the commonly used Botan Root Word and it has been helpful to you in remembering the words based on the Root Word Botan and enhance your vocabulary.