Definition & Meaning: Burs Root Word
You think this word root burs does not affect your realm of everyday reality? Think again. Right now, while your index finger is caressing the chin on an inquisitive note and you lift your hand and place it on the table to settle into a more comfortable position before proceeding with this article, the bursae, fluid filled cavities located between your finger and limb joints, are busy averting friction between joints.
The word root burs comes from Medieval Latin Bursa “a bag”. On 8th November, 2016, after Mr. Modi announced the demonetization of the old INR 500 and INR 1000 banknotes, disruption ensued as ATMs did not have enough new banknotes to disburse. On a generic note, you must be burning the midnight oil to receive a bursary for higher education. Generally the bursar of the university is the one authorizing such disbursements. We reimburse our mobile, travel and medical bills from our employers. For the traders out there, a French stock exchange is known as a bourse.
Words Based on the Burs Root Word
Following is a list of words based on the Burs Root Word:
1. Bursa : Fluid filled cavities between joints to prevent friction.
2. Bursar: A person who manages the financial affairs of a college or a school.
3. Bursectomy: Surgical removal of the bursa.
4. Bursopathy: Any disease of the bursa.
5. Disbursement: Payment of funds for special purposes.
6. Imburse: To supply or stock with money.
7. Reimburse: To pay back money to someone that is spent for an official or approved reason
8. Macroburst: A strong downdraft or a column of sinking air causing strong straight winds.
9. Bursotomy: incision through the wall of a bursa.
10. Bursolith: A calculus formed in the bursa.
11. Bursitis: Inflammation of the bursa, typically the one in shoulder joint.
12. Bursary: A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.
13. Bourse: A French stock exchange.
We hope this article on the commonly used Burs Root Word and it has been helpful to you in remembering the words based on the Root Word Burs and has enhanced your vocabulary.