VIDEO SOLUTION FOR THE QUESTION:
QUESTION-31: The five sentences (labelled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) given in this question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a number. Decide on the proper order for the sentences and key in this sequence of five numbers as your answer.
1. This visual turn in social media has merely accentuated this announcing instinct of ours, enabling us with easy-to-create, easy-to-share, easy-to-store and easy-to-consume platforms, gadgets and apps.
2. There is absolutely nothing new about us framing the vision of who we are or what we want, visually or otherwise, in our Facebook page, for example.
3. Turning the pages of most family albums, which belong to a period well before the digital dissemination of self-created and self-curated moments and images, would reconfirm the basic instinct of documenting our presence in a particular space, on a significant occasion, with others who matter.
4. We are empowered to book our faces and act as celebrities within the confinement of our respective friend lists, and communicate our activities, companionship and locations with minimal clicks and touches.
5. What is unprecedented is not the desire to put out news feeds related to the self, but the ease with which this broadcast operation can now be executed, often provoking (un)anticipated responses from beyond one’s immediate location.
Explanation for the Question:
This is a tough one.
The first step is to seek the most generic statement from the given statement. Statement 3 does that job for us, which explains our basic instinct of ours to document our presence.
Statement 2 then takes this forward and explains how this is not a new activity.
Statement 1 then introduces the role of social media in this and statement 4 then provides further details of our digital presence.
Statement 5 then comes right at the end, as a contradiction in the given case.
Thus, we have 32145 as our correct order in this case.