- These tests are a check for your learning and are meant to serve as tools for assessment.
- The test is designed to check your current understanding of the language and whether you are able to logically co-relate different parts of a paragraph.
- Directions for individual questions: The sentences given in each question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
Congratulations - you have completed Para Jumbles:Test-5.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
You correct answer percentage: %%PERCENTAGE%% .
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
A. If it had not been for my closely fitted helmet, the explosions might have shattered my eardrums.
B. The first clap of thunder came as a deafening explosion that literally shook my teeth.
C. I did not hear the thunder I actually felt it – an almost unbearable physical experience.
D. I saw lightning all around me in every shape imaginable.
6. It was raining so torrentially that I thought I would drown in mid air.
The passage may start with C but we can see that C is merely a continuation of B in which thunder is introduced as the savage ally of wind.
Hence the correct option is option A.
A. Logically, therefore such a power should be remembered in good times also.
B. Their other philanthropic contributions include the construction and maintenance of religious places such as temples or gurudwaras.
C. Industrial organizations also contribute to the veneration of this power by participating in activities such as religious ceremonies and festivities organized by the employees.
D. This power provides an anchor in times of adversity, difficulty and trouble.
6. The top management/ managers should participate in all such events, irrespective of their personal choice..
There are two options which start with statement D but if we look carefully,
statement A is the right continuation of D as ‘ therefore such a power’ takes the passage forward and gives meaning to it thus we don’t need to look at the other options , making option C the correct answer.
A. He looked anxiously around.
B. There was nothing to see but the water and empty sky.
C. He could now barely see her funnel and masts when heaved up on a high wave.
D. He did not know for what.
6. A breaking wave slapped him in the face choking him.
There is only one option starting with statement C but to be sure we check others out too.
If A is followed by statement D then statement B the passage becomes more meaningful hence the correct option is c.
A. They should also update their competence to guide their subordinates; this would be possible only if they keep in regular touch with new processes, machines, instruments, gauges, systems and gadgets.
B. Work must be allocated to different groups and team members in clear, specific terms.
C. Too much of wall-building is detrimental to the exercise of the ‘personal charisma’ of the leader whose presence should not be felt only through notices, circulars or memos, but by being seen physically.
D. Simple, clean living among one’s people should be insisted upon.
6. This would mean the maintaining of an updated organization chart; laying down job descriptions; identifying key result areas; setting personal targets; and above all monitoring of performance to meet organizational goals.
Statement C also describes the do-not of a leader (manager) thus making option D the correct answer .
A. Such ‘true friends’ are very few and very rare.
B. Factors such as affluence, riches, outward sophistication and conceptual abilities are not prerequisites for genuine friendship.
C. Such people must be respected and kept close to the heart.
D. Business realities call for developing a large circle of acquaintances and contacts; however, all of them will be motivated by their own self-interest and it would be wrong to treat them as genuine friends.
6. There is always a need for real friends to whom one can turn for balanced, unselfish advice, more so when one is caught in a dilemma.
We can see that two options have statement C as the second option,
so we try them first.
Statement B would be a more logical successor to statement C as it expands on the qualities of a genuine friendship.
The correct option is option D.