- Reading comprehension questions involve reading of a passage of about 300 – 600 words and deriving answers from the passage content..
- RCs forms an important part of the English Language section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Once while traveling by the local bus, I got a seat beside a very strange man. He seemed interested in every passenger aboard. He would stare at a person; scribble some odd mathematical notations on his long notebook and then move on to the next. Being quite interested in what he was doing I asked him what all those notations meant and then came the startling reply. He saw a man’s face not as a single unit/but as thousands of squares put together. He was in fact a statistical expert and a budding artist learning the art of graphics.
CDS RC: Passage-16
The figures of co-passengers
The details of thousands of squares put together
Some mathematical formulae and calculations
Some mathematical signs
He was sitting next to him
He was staring at every person in the bus
He would stare at every person and then scribble down some mathematical notation
He was a budding artist learning the art of graphics
A statistical expert cannot be a budding scientist
A budding artist cannot be a statistical expert
Graphics is still a rare art form and he was learning it while traveling in a bus
The fact that "a man's face can be analyzed as thousands of squares" was a strange concept
The author is very inquisitive
The author tries to poke his nose in other people's business
The author is interested in mathematical notations
The author wants to talk to fellow passengers in the bus