- Reading comprehension questions involve reading of a passage of about 300 – 600 words and deriving answers from the passage content..
- RCs forms an important part of the English Language section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Finally there arises the question as to our leadership potential. Although the entire younger generation by the very definition is a potential storehouse of leadership, I feel that our universities provide the richest reservoir from which the future leaders of this country will be forthcoming. I have had occasion to travel fairly extensively and to visit a number of university centres in the country. It is deeply encouraging to see that despitethe economic and other difficulties which these young men and women have to face they are full of energy and idealism. The real question is whether we have the ability and imagination to tap this reservoir, to fan the sparks of youthful idealism into bright flames that would illumine the future of India – the India of our dreams for the building of which countless generations have struggled and sacrificed; an India socially emancipated, economically prosperous, politically integrated, militarily strong and spiritually dynamic.
CDS RC: Passage-24
None of the above
The families of present political leaders
The community of social scientists
The entire younger generation
we should have the imagination to exploit our budding leadership potential
we should admire the sacrifices made by several generations
we should bring about more technological advancements
we should provide better facilities for sports
they come from the richest reservoirs of leaders
they are full of energy and idealism because of quality education
they are full of youthful idealism and imagination
they are full of energy and idealism in spite the economic and other difficulties they face as students