- Reading comprehension questions involve reading of a passage of about 300 – 600 words and deriving answers from the passage content..
- RCs forms an important part of the English Language section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Last year when I suffered a stroke I had to be hospitalized. I was put in a general ward for there was no room in the intensive coronary care unit, Not far from my bed was a patient in obvious indigent circumstances and on hospital diet. For breakfast he used to get two eggs, besides other things. The man was regularly visited by twelve year old boy, perhaps his son, dressed in worn-out clothes. The man always kept one egg for that boy when he arrived soon after the doctors had done their rounds. One day there was a shortfall in the supply of eggs to the hospital and our man got only one egg. He looked at it for a long, long time, turning it over in his hands and then put it away. He thought the boy’s need was greater than his perhaps.
CDS RC: Passage-25
Very poor condition
He wanted a medical check-up
He wished to experience hospital life
He wanted to interact with other patients from a sociological angle
He fell seriously ill
He thought the egg was bad
He could not decide whether he should eat it or keep it for the boy
He wished to really enjoy eating it
He was annoyed at being given only one egg
Poverty of the man
Nature of the dirty hospital
Paternal affection of the man
Poor condition of the boy