- Reading comprehension questions involve reading of a passage of about 300 – 600 words and deriving answers from the passage content..
- RCs forms an important part of the English Language section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
As epics go, the Ramayana has all the gripping ingredients that make a saga universal and everlasting. With love, loyalty, seduction and greed in their varying shades, with its colorful characters – benign and evil- few stories have seized human imagination through the millennia as the story of Rama, the prince of Ayodhya. In India, of course, the Ramayana continues to evoke reverence, and on occasions, stir up political passions. But such is its fascination that its geographical reach spans south-east Asia, and as we realize now, even Russia. Besides Hinduism, it manifests in Buddhist, Jainand Sikh traditions too.
CDS RC: Passage-26
Chivalry and cowardice
Love and greed
Patience and suffering
Sex and exploitation
The social history of a community.
The biography of a noble man
Mythology associated with a religion
The narrative of a dynasty's heroic exploits
a large number of scholars
a large number of films
a large number of literary works
human imagination since ages