- Reading comprehension questions involve reading of a passage of about 300 – 600 words and deriving answers from the passage content..
- RCs forms an important part of the English Language section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
The heat-wave deepened during the following few days while Jack and I lazed about in the house and yards, wearing ragged shirts and discarded garments, because the more presentable ones were being packed by mother. She was obviously not strong enough to cycle down Hampshire, where father and Jack had been one weekend, to see and rent a cottage in Ropley, near Alresford. From this prospective journey Jack had returned with half a dozen photographs taken with a plate-camera which he had made for himself, the aperture being a pinhole. This was only one of his many ingenious artifacts. I had studied the pictures, which included a church that leaned backwards, in the hope of finding that perpetually teasing certainty which we look for when about to take some adventurous step into the unknown. But Ropley remained unreal.
CDS RC: Passage-9
were taking adventurous steps into the unknown
went visiting several churches in Ropley
were busy repairing a camera
were passing their time in idleness
to move out to Ropley
a trekking expedition to Alresford
to do some photography
to make some artifacts
they were very poor
it was summer
all their good clothes were already packed
they were lazing about
was the only artifact made by father and Jack
was the only artifact Jack had made for himself
was only one of Jack's many such artefacts
was borrowed by Jack from his friend for taking half a dozen photographs
to take photographs of the church that leaned backwards
because Ropley was unreal
to take some adventurous step into the unknown
to see and rent a cottage there