Meanings of Congenial
1. Pleasant and suited to someone’s character or tastes
2. Compatible in tastes, interests, attitudes, or backgrounds
3. Having an outgoing pleasant character
Master’s Tip to Learn Congenial
The word Congenial can be broke into ‘con+genial’ and the word genial means something friendly and so congenial means something that is pleasant and suited to one’s character.
Sentence examples for Congenial:
1. She told me that she found it a very congenial atmosphere in which to work.
2. We studied in the congenial atmosphere of the library.