Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. PSLV C-45
- ISRO has launched a Defence Intelligence Satellite, EMISAT in its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV C-45) mission.
- It was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
2. Island protection zone (IPZ) 2019
- Island Protection Zone (IPZ) 2019 for Andaman and Nicobar has been notified by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Island Protection Zone (IPZ) is aligned with the NitiAayog’s proposal for holistic development in the Islands.
- The NITI Aayog, also National Institution for Transforming India, is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
- Website: niti.gov.in || Formed: 1 January 2015 || Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Amitabh Kant
3. The amalgamation of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank into the Bank of Baroda
- It has come into effect and all branches of Vijay Bank and Dena Bank two will function as branches of BoB.
- The merged entity will receive Rs 5042 crore fund infusion from Government.
- MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda is P. S. Jayakumar.
- Headquarter of Bank of Baroda is in Vadodara.
1. 2019 Peabody Career Achievement Honour
- Veteran actor Rita Moreno will be awarded Peabody Career Achievement Honour 2019.
- Realizing that there was no equivalent for the Pulitzer Prize in radio, the National Association of Broadcasters formed a committee to establish a prestigious award for excellence in broadcasting.
- The manager of WSB Radio in Atlanta Lambdin Kay asked John Drewry, the dean of Grady School of Journalism, to sponsor the award.
- They named the award for George Foster Peabody, a highly successful investment banker and recently deceased benefactor to the University of Georgia.
2. World’s first district with 5G coverage
- Shanghai of China is claimed to be the world’s first district with 5G coverage and a broadband gigabit network.
- Shangai’s 5G network is backed by state-run telecom carrier China Mobile.
- China Mobile is a Chinese state-owned telecommunication corporation that provides mobile voice and multimedia services through its nationwide mobile telecommunications network across mainland China.
- China Mobile :- CEO: Li Yue || Headquarters location: Hong Kong
3. Ambassador of Toronto International Film Festival’s ‘Share Her Journey’ campaign
- Assam filmmaker Rima Das has been appointed as official ambassador of Toronto International Film Festival’s ‘Share Her Journey’ campaign.
- ‘Share Her Journey’ is with an aim to increase participation, skills, and opportunities for women behind and in front of the camera.
- The Toronto International Film Festival is one of the largest publicly attended film festivals in the world, attracting over 480,000 people annually. Since its founding in 1976, TIFF has grown to become a permanent destination for film culture operating out of the TIFF Bell Lightbox, located in downtown Toronto.
- The other Indian ambassadors of the campaign include Filmmakers Mira Nair, Deepa Mehta, and Actress Priyanka Chopra.
- Rima Das is an Indian filmmaker best known for her film, Village Rockstars which won several National and international awards. She won India’s National Best Film and Best Editor Awards, announced on 13 April 2018 by Government of India appointed jury headed by filmmaker Shekhar Kapoor.
- Rima Das’ directorial ‘Village Rockstars’, an Assamese movie, has been selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019
4. Brics Summit 2019
- The 2019 BRICS summit will be the 11th annual BRICS summit, an international relations conference attended by the heads of state or heads of government of the five member states Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- Russia, India, China and South Africa extend full support to Brazil for its BRICS Chairship in 2019 and the hosting of the 11th BRICS Summit.
- It main objectives are to cooperate between the member nations for development, provide financial assistance, support various projects, infrastructure etc. It has also agreed to provide financial assistance, support to countries other than members.
1. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited has become first Indian Shipyard to deliver 100 Warships to Indian Navy.
- It has delivered its 100th Warship which is a Landing Craft Utility, L-56, to the Indian Navy.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, abbreviated as GRSE, is one of India’s leading shipyards, located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It builds and repairs commercial and naval vessels. Presently GRSE has also started building export ships in a mission to expand its business.
2. Small savings schemes’ interest rates for Apr-Jun quarter
- The Govt has kept Interest Rates unchanged for Apr-Jun quarter.
- Public Provident Fund (PPF) and National Savings Certificate (NSC) will have an annual interest rate of 8%.
- KisanVikasPatra (KVP) will give a yield of 7.7%.
- five-year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme has been retained at 8.7%.
- The girl child savings scheme SukanyaSamriddhiYojana account will offer 8.5%
3. Tesla’s ‘Largest Energy Storage System In Asia’
- Tesla has developed its ‘largest power storage system in Asia’ at Osaka train station in Japan.
- Tesla, Inc. is an American automotive and energy company based in Palo Alto, California. The company specializes in electric car manufacturing and, through its SolarCity subsidiary, solar panel manufacturing.
- CEO: Elon Musk || Owner: Elon Musk || Production output: 245,162 vehicles (2018) || Founders: Elon Musk, Martin Eberhard, JB Straubel, Marc Tarpenning, Ian Wright
4. New MD And CEO Of ICICI Securities
- Vijay Chandok has been appointed as MD and CEO of ICICI Securities.
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat. As of 2018, ICICI Bank is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalisation.
- ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai || Tagline: Hum Hain Na!
1. India Open 2019 Badminton
- Viktor Axelsen of Denmark has defeated KidambiSrikanth of India at the India Open 2019 final in New Delhi.
- In women’s singles, RatchanokIntanon of Thailand has defeated third seed He Bingjiao of China.
- The 2019 India Open, officially the YONEX-SUNRISE India Open 2019, was a badminton tournament which took place at K. D. Jadhav Indoor Hall in India from 26 to 31 March 2019 and had a total purse of $350,000.
2. International Cricket Council’s CEO
- Manu Sawhney has taken over as ICC’s CEO replacing David Richardson.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
3. Miami Open Tennis
- Switzerland’s Roger Federer defeats USA’s John Isner in the final of Miami Open Tennis
- It was Roger Federer’s 101th Career Title.
- Roger Federer is now behind only Jimmy Connors of America with 109 career singles titles.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30