Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project
- Tata Power, Norway’s Clean Energy Invest and International Financial Corporation has announced the start of commercial operation of the 178 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project located in southwest Georgia.
- TATA Power CEO: Praveer Sinha || TATA Power headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. SunRISE Mission
- NASA selected the proposed Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SunRISE) mission.
- Aim: To study how the Sun creates and releases Giant Solar Particle Storms.
1. Interest Rates for April-June Quarter
- Public Provident Fund: 7.1%
- Kisan Vikas Patra: 6.9%
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: 7.6%
- National Savings Certificate: 6.8%
- Monthly Income Account: 6.6%
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme: 7.4%
2. Merger of 10 PSBs into 4
- The merger of 10 PSBs into 4 has come into from 1 April.
- United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) into Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank.
- Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank into Union Bank of India.
- Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank.
1. India’s GDP Growth Rate by Nomura
- Nomura has lowered 2020 GDP Growth forecast of India to 4.5%.
- Nomura is a financial services group and global investment bank.It operates through five business divisions: retail (in Japan), global markets, investment banking, merchant banking, and asset management.
- Nomura: CEO: Koji Nagai || Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
2. World Bank with Government of India
- The World Bank has announced USD 1 billion to Indian Government for a India COVID-19 emergency response and health systems preparedness project.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
3. ADB to invest 100 million USD in India
- ADB will invest 100 million US Dollars in India’s infrastructure sector through NIIF of India Fund of Funds (FoF).
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Executive director: Prakash Rao (Investments)
1. Book ‘The Death of Jesus’
- Book ‘The Death of Jesus’ has been authored by Nobel laureate J M Coetzee.
- The earlier two book were, “The Childhood of Jesus”, published in 2014 and The Schooldays of Jesus, in 2018.
Science and Technology News
1. ‘Corontine’ App
- IIT-Bombay has come up with two mobile applications ‘Corontine’ and ‘Safe’ that can track violations by people supposed to be in quarantine.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
2. RajCop citizens app
- Rajasthan police have launched ‘RajCop citizens’ Mobile App.
- Purpose: To enable individuals and company employees in the state take permission for venturing out in necessary conditions.
- Governor of Rajasthan: Kalraj Mishra.
3. PRAGYAAM app
- Jharkhand Government has launched a mobile app PRAGYAAM to issue e-passes.
- Governor of Jharkhand: DroupadiMurmu.
1. MD and CEO of Paytm Money resigns
- PravinJadhav has resigned as the MD and CEO of Paytm Money.
- Paytm Money Limited is a Public incorporated on 20 September 2017. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Delhi.
1. Paravai Muniyamma passes away
- Tamil folk singer and actress Paravai Muniyamma has passed away.
- Paravai Muniyamma was an Indian folk singer and actress from Paravai, Tamil Nadu. Appearing in many Tamil films, she also sang playback and acted in movies and had her own cooking show on Kalaignar TV.
1. 2021 World Athletics Championships
- World Athletics Championships in Eugene, Oregon has been rescheduled to 2022 due to Tokyo Olympics in 2021.
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 rescheduled to year 2021.