Daily Current Affairs 1 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New logo and motto for Lokpal
- Lokpal Chairman Justice (Retd.) Pinaki Chandra Ghose has launched the new logo and motto for the apex anti-corruption ombudsman.
- Motto: ‘Ma Gridhah Kasyasvidhanam (Do not be greedy for anyone’s wealth)’.
- The logo symbolises how Lokpal protects and cares for the people of India by establishing justice as per law.
- A Lokpal is an anti-corruption authority or body of ombudsman who represents the public interest in the Republic of India. The current Chairperson of Lokpal is Pinaki Chandra Ghose.
2. Loktak Inland Waterways Project
- Government of India has approved the development of Loktak Inland Waterways Project in Manipur.
- Loktak Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Northeast India and is famous for the phumdis floating over it. The lake is located at Moirang in Manipur state, India. The etymology of Loktak is Lok = “stream” and tak = “the end”.
3. Noida International Airport
- Zurich Airport International AG has been selected as the concessionaire for developing the Noida International Airport at Jewar in Uttar Pradesh.
- It has made the highest per-passenger bid for the airport, outbidding competitors like Delhi International Airport Ltd, Adani Enterprises and Anchorage Infrastructure Investments Holdings Ltd.
4. Jnanpith Award 2019
- Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri has won the Jnanpith Award 2019.
- The Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”. Instituted in 1961, the award is bestowed only on Indian writers writing in Indian languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India and English, with no posthumous conferral.
1. World AIDS Day
- World AIDS Day, designated on 1 December every year since 1988, is an international day dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection and mourning those who have died of the disease.
- Theme: ‘Communities Make The Difference’.
2. QS World University Asia Rankings 2020
- National University of Singapore was named Asia’s top university under QS World University Asia Rankings 2020.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is the top performer, placing 34th in the QS World University Asia Rankings 2020.
3. Commonwealth Youth Parliament
- The 10th edition of Commonwealth Youth Parliament (CYP9) was concluded in New Delhi.
- It was hosted by Delhi assembly along with the Lok Sabha.
- It is for the first time that an Indian Legislature hosted the Commonwealth Youth Parliament.
4. Global Terrorism Index
- The Global Terrorism Index (GTI) is a report published annually by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP), and was developed by IT entrepreneur and IEP’s founder Steve Killelea.
- The index provides a comprehensive summary of the key global trends and patterns in terrorism since 2000. It produces a composite score in order to provide an ordinal ranking of countries on the impact of terrorism.
- India is at seventh place in the Global Terrorism Index’s list of countries most affected by terrorism.
- The country most affected by terrorism was Afghanistan (7,379 killed), displacing Iraq (1,054 killed) as the deadliest country.
- The Institute for Economics & Peace, is a global think tank headquartered in Sydney, Australia with branches in New York City, Mexico City and The Hague. The IEP is chaired by technology entrepreneur Steve Killelea founder of Integrated Research.
1. Merger of three RRBs to form Baroda UP Bank
- Government of India has notified amalgamation of regional rural public sector banks—Baroda Uttar Pradesh Grameen Bank, Kashi GomtiSamyutGramin Bank and Purvanchal Bank — into a single regional rural bank, ‘Baroda UP Bank’.
- Baroda UP Bank’s headquarters will be in Gorakhpur under sponsorship of Bank of Baroda.
- Regional Rural Banks(RRBs) are Indian Scheduled Commercial Banks (Government Banks) operating at regional level in different States of India. They have been created with a view of serving primarily the rural areas of India with basic banking and financial services.
2. Accelerator Lab in India by UNDP
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has launched Accelerator Lab in India to progress faster towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the UN with 2030 as the deadline.
- The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
- Headquarters: New York || Founded: 22 November 1965, United States || Head: Achim Steiner
1. FIFA Rankings
- The Indian football team dropped two spots to 108 in the latest FIFA rankings.
- 1. Belgium
- 2. France
- 3. Brazil
2. National Sports Code
- Sports Ministry has constituted a 13-member expert committee to review the Draft National Sports Code.
- Head of the Committee: Justice Mukundakam Sharma
3. South Asian Games
- The 13th edition of South Asian Games will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Shot putter Tejinder Pal Singh Toor will be India’s Flag-Bearer at South Asian Games.
- Tejinder Pal Singh Toor is an Indian shot putter who holds the outdoor national record of 20.92m.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31