Daily Current Affairs 1 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Highlights Of BUDGET 2019
- Full Tax rebate up to 5 lakh annual income after all deductions.
- 2 lakhs seats will increase for the reservation of 10%
- Minimum 14% revenue of GST to states by Central Govt.
- Custom duty has abolished from 36 Capital Goods
- 60000 crores for MANREGA
- National kamdhenu ayog for cows. Rs. 750 crores for National Gokul Mission
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Scheme will provide assured monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 with contribution of Rs. 100 per month for workers in unorganized sector after 60 years of age.
- 26 weeks of Maternity Leaves to empower the women
- PCA restriction has abolished from 3 major banks
- State share has increased to 42%
2. New Director General of NCC
- Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra has been appointed as the Director General of NCC.
- The National Cadet Corps is an Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.
3. Human Space Flight Centre
- Indian Space Research Organisation has unveiled a Human Space Flight Centre in Bengaluru
- It is inaugurated by by former ISRO chairman K Kasturirangan and current Chairman K Sivan.
- Director :- S Unnikrishnan Nair.
4. new BARC India chairman
- Punit Goenka has been re-elected the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council Media company replacing Nakul Chopra.
- Punit Goenka is managing director and CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd
1. Israel Aerospace Industries with Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard
- Under an agreement Israel Aerospace Industries will provide Naval Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) systems to India.
- This agreement is worth of $93 million.
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem, Currency: Israeli new shekel.
2. International Year of the Periodic Table
- The United Nations General Assembly during its 74th Plenary Meeting proclaimed 2019 as the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT 2019).
- It recognizes the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements by the Russian scientist Dmitri Mendeleev
- Mendeleev was a Russian chemist and inventor. He formulated the Periodic Law, created a farsighted version of the periodic table of elements, and used it to correct the properties of some already discovered elements and also to predict the properties of eight elements yet to be discovered.
3. India’s Ambassador to the Maldives
- Sunjay Sudhir has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to the Maldives.
- Capital: Malé || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa || President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih || Continent: Asia
1. Startup India-Grand Challenge
- WhatsApp has announced the ‘Startup India-WhatsApp Grand Challenge’ in which top five start-ups will be receiving a total grant of $250000.
- Founded February 24, 2009; 9 years ago || Headquarters Mountain View, California, United States || Founders : Jan Koum, Brian Acton || CEO Chris Daniels || Parent Facebook
2. PNB MetLife’s Brand Ambassador
- PV Sindhu has been appointed as the brand ambassador of PNB MetLife.
- PNB MetLife :- Headquarters: Mumbai || CFO: Niraj Shah || Founded: 2001 || Subsidiary: MetLife India Insurance Company Pvt. Ltd || Asset Management Arm
3. Paytm’s New Acquisition
- Paytm has acquired the Noida-based hotel booking app ‘NightStay’.
- Paytm :- CEO: Renu Satti || Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: 2010 || Headquarters: Noida || Parent organization: One97 Communications
4. Three Banks are out of PCA framework
- RBI has allowed three public sector banks: Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and Oriental Bank of Commerce, to exit the PCA framework.
- This is possible via Capital Infusion by Govt. and a decline in net Non-Performing Asset Ratio.
- The Reserve Bank has specified certain regulatory trigger points, as a part of prompt corrective action (PCA) Framework, in terms of three parameters, i.e. capital to risk weighted assets ratio (CRAR), net non-performing assets (NPA) and Return on Assets (RoA), for initiation of certain structured and discretionary action.
- The PCA framework is triggered when a bank breaches one of the three risk thresholds, and crossing 6% net NPAs.
- A Non-performing asset is defined as a credit facility in respect of which the interest and/or instalment of principal has remained ‘past due’ for a specified period of time. In simple terms, an asset is tagged as non performing when it ceases to generate income for the lender.
1. First female to play 200 ODIs
- Mithali Raj has become the first female cricketer to play 200 ODIs.
- Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer and the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team in Tests and ODI.
2. Pro Wrestling League (PWL) season 4 Winner
- Haryana Hammers beat Punjab Royals 6-3 in the Final to win the Pro Wrestling League season 4.
- Wrestling represents one of the oldest forms of combat. The origins of wrestling go back 15,000 years through cave drawings. Babylonian and Egyptian reliefs show wrestlers using most of the holds known in the present-day sport.
3. Coca-Cola with ICC
- Coca-Cola has five-year Global Sponsorship Partnership with International Cricket Council.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- The Coca-Cola Company is an American corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups. The company is best known for its flagship product Coca-Cola, invented in 1886 by pharmacist John Stith Pemberton in Atlanta, Georgia.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28