Daily Current Affairs 1 January 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 January 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 January 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 January 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Symposium of Poets 2020
- All India Radio organized the National Symposium of Poets 2020.
- It is being held every year since 1956.
- The symposium will be broadcasted on the eve of Republic Day and at all the centers of AIR.
- Chairman of Prasar Bharti: A. Surya Prakash.
2. Mandu Festival
- The first edition of Mandu Festival has concluded at Mandu, Madhya Pradesh.
- The event was organized by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Kamal Nath || Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lal Ji Tandon.
3. Vikas Sabnis passes away
- Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis has passed away.
- He has worked as a staff cartoonist at various newspapers, including the Times of India and the Mid-day. He made caricatures and political cartoons on various subjects and issues.
4. MiG-27 Fighter Aircraft
- Indian Air Force bids farewell to the iconic “MiG-27” with a decommissioning ceremony at the Jodhpur air base.
- Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria is the present Chief of the Air Staff.
1. Carrier Rocket ‘Long March-5’
- China has successfully launched its largest carrier rocket ‘Long March-5’ from Wenchang Space Launch Center.
- It is China’s heaviest and most advanced communications satellite in geosynchronous orbit.
2. Avangard Hypersonic glide vehicle
- Russia’s Defence Ministry stated that a new hypersonic weapon ‘Avangard Hypersonic Glide Vehicle’ with latest strategic missiles of intercontinental range has became operational.
- The nuclear-capable missiles can travel more than 20 times the speed of sound.
- Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian Ruble.
3. Netherlands to drop ‘Holland’ as nickname
- The Netherlands is gearing up to drop the moniker “Holland” to rebrand itself in 2020.
- From January, the Netherlands will officially drop “Holland” from all literature and marketing materials, so the country will only be referred to be its official name.
- Netherlands: Capital: Amsterdam || Currency: Euro
1. Urban Cooperatives Banks are required to submit CRILC report
- RBI has directed Urban Large Cooperatives Banks to report all exposures of Rs 5 crore and more to the Central Repository of Information on Large Credits.
- Urban Cooperatives Banks are required to submit CRILC report on quarterly basis with effect from December 31, 2019.
2. Lead banking convenor for J&K and Ladakh
- RBI has appointed Jammu & Kashmir Bank as the lead banker for the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- State Bank of India (SBI) will be the lead convenor bank for union territory of Ladakh.
3. New CMD of Shipping Corporation of India
- Harjeet Kaur Joshi has been appointed as the full-time Chairperson and Managing Director of Shipping Corporation of India
- The Shipping Corporation of India is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise with its headquarters in Mumbai that operates and manages vessels that services both national and international lines.
1. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former India captain Krish Srikkanth and Former India women’s captain Anjum Chopra to receive CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Cottari Kanakaiya Nayudu, also known as CK, was the first captain of the Indian cricket team in Test matches. He played first-class cricket regularly till 1958, and returned for one last time in 1963 at the age of 68.