Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 24th Chief of the Naval Staff
- Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the 24th Chief of the Naval Staff.
- The “Grey Eagle” of the Navy, he replaced Admiral Sunil Lanba as the CNS after Admiral Lanba’s retirement on May 31st, 2019.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
2. Song ‘HawaAane De’
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has launched a theme song ‘HawaAane De’ on air pollution.
- World Environment Day is celebrated on the 5th of June every year, and is the United Nation’s principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
3. India’s only Orangutan
- Orangutan Binny has passed away at Nandankanan Zoological Park in Odisha.
- The orangutans are three extant species of great apes native to Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Orangutans are currently only found in the rainforests of Borneo and Sumatra. Classified in the genus Pongo, orangutans were originally considered to be one species.
4. ‘Jal Shakti’ Ministry
- A new ‘Jal Shakti’ Ministry has been formed with Gajendra Singh Shekhawat as its Head.
- It is the new ministry in which erstwhile Ministries of Water Resources and Drinking Water and Sanitation will be merged.
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat is a member of parliament from the Bharatiya Janata Party representing Jodhpur in the Lok Sabha.
1. Deputy Executive Director in UN Women
- Indian-origin Anita Bhatia has been appointed as Deputy Executive Director in United Nations Women.
- It was appointed by United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
- Headquarters: New York || Head: Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka || Founder: United Nations General Assembly || Founded: July 2010 || Formation: 2 July 2010 || Parent organization: United Nations
2. Tariffs on all Mexico Goods
- US President Donald Trump has announced tariffs on all goods importing from Mexico.
- It is in a bid to curb illegal immigration.
- Earlier National Emergency is declared to tackle what Donald Trump claims is a crisis at the US southern border.
- Mexico :- President: Andrés Manuel López Obrador || Capital: Mexico City
3. GSP benefits by USA
- USA has withdrawn GSP benefits of India.
- GSP benefits are unilateral, non-reciprocal and non-discriminatory benefits extended by some developed countries to developing countries.
- The Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) is a U.S. trade program designed to promote economic growth in the developing world by providing preferential duty-free entry for up to 4,800 products from 129 designated beneficiary countries and territories.
- GSP was instituted on January 1, 1976, by the Trade Act of 1974.
- GSP promotes economic growth and development in the developing world. GSP promotes sustainable development in beneficiary countries by helping these countries to increase and diversify their trade with the United States.
1. FICCI’s Economic Outlook Survey
- Acc. to FICCI’s GDP Growth Rate, India’s median GDP 7.1% for FY20 and 7.2% for FY21.
- Gross domestic product is a monetary measure of the market value of all the final goods and services produced in a period of time, often annually.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) measures the total value of final goods and services produced within a given country’s borders. It is the most popular method of measuring an economy’s output and is therefore considered a measure of the size of an economy.
- GNP and GDP both reflect the national output and income of an economy. The main difference is that GNP (Gross National Product) takes into account net income receipts from abroad. GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is a measure of (national income = national output = national expenditure) produced in a particular country.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India.
2. IITG-ISRO Space Technology Cell
- IIT Guwahati has signed an MoU with ISRO to set up an IITG-ISRO Space Technology Cell at IIT Guwahati.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
3. Indian Air Force with ISRO
- IAF has signed an MoU with ISRO for crew selection and training for Gaganyaan Mission.
- Gaganyaan is an Indian crewed orbital spacecraft intended to be the basis of the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme. The spacecraft is being designed to carry three people, and a planned upgraded version will be equipped with rendezvous and docking capability.
- First launch: December, 2020 (un-crewed), December 2021 (crewed) || Operator: Indian Space Research Organisation || Crew capacity: 3 || Design life: 7 days
- R Hutton is the Project Director of Gaganyaan Programme.
4. India’s Unemployment Rate
- Acc. to Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India’s Unemployment Rate rose to 6.1% in 2017-18 fiscal year.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is a ministry of Government of India. concerned with coverage and quality aspects of statistics released. The surveys conducted by the Ministry are based on scientific sampling methods. The current head of the ministry is DV Sadananda Gowda.
1. First player to play 400 Grand Slam matches
- Roger Federer has become first player in history to play 400 Grand Slam matches.
- Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 3 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
2. 2019 UEFA Champions League Final
- It will be played at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid, Spain on 1 June 2019 between English sides Tottenham Hotspur, in their first European Cup final, and Liverpool, in their ninth final overall.
- The winners will earn the right to play against Chelsea, the winners of the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup.
- Wanda Metropolitano is a stadium in Madrid, Spain. It has been the home stadium of Atlético Madrid FC.