Daily Current Affairs 1 May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Jeevan Amrit Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh Govt. has launched ‘Jeevan Amrit Yojana’ to boost the immune system of people.
- The Government will freely distribute Ayurvedic ‘TrikutChurna’, prepared by the AYUSH Department of the state.
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lalji Tandon.
1. Asian Development Bank with Maharashtra Govt.
- Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 346 million loan to Maharashtra for power sector.
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa || Membership: 68 countries || Founded: 19 December 1966
2. World Bank with India
- World Bank has approved USD 400 million to enhance India’s coastal resources which will cover eight coastal States.
- World Bank: Headquarters: Washington || President :David Malpass || Anshula Kant :MD and CFO
3. Special Refinance Facility (SRF) scheme
- Rs 10,000 crore to National Housing Bank (NHB) to enable it to infuse liquidity into the housing sector through Housing Finance companies (HFCs).
- National Housing Bank: Founded: 9 July 1988 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Managing Director : Sarada Kumar Hota
1. Book: Sayajirao Gaekwad III: The Maharaja of Baroda
- The biography titled ‘Sayajirao Gaekwad III: The Maharaja of Baroda’ has been authored by Uma Balasubramaniam
- Uma Balasubramaniam is a graduate in History and English Literature. She is a freelance writer for Indian National Newspapers. Essentially a theatre person from the Shakespeare Society – Baroda, her dramatic style is marked with passion, humour, and wit.
Science and Technology News
1. PRACRITI Dashboard
- IIT Delhi has developed ‘PRACRITI’ (PRediction and Assessment of CoRona Infections and Transmission in India) which is a web-based COVID-19 dashboard.
1. Ambassador of India to United Nations
- TS Tirumurti has been appointed as the Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations replacing Sayyad Akbaruddin.
- Secretary-General of United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
2. MD & CEO of PNB Housing
- Neeraj Vyas has been appointed as interim MD & CEO of PNB Housing
- PNB Housing Finance Limited is an Indian public limited housing finance company, headquartered in New Delhi with branches in major cities across India. The company is promoted by Punjab National Bank and is registered with state owned bank and regulation authority of India – National Housing Bank.
3. Advisor of Google Pay India
- Former Axis Bank CEO, Shikha Sharma has been named advisor to Google Pay India.
- Google Pay is a digital payments application for Indian users. Google Pay allows users to send money, receive payments directly into their bank account or make payments for purchases made at stores that accept UPI-based transactions.
1. International Labour Day
- International Workers’ Day, also known as Workers’ Day or Labour Day in some countries and often referred to as May Day is observed on 1 May.
- It is a celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement and occurs every year on May Day.
1. Chuni Goswami passes away
- Legendary Footballer Chuni Goswami has passed away.
- Subimal Goswami, was an Indian professional footballer who played as a striker or winger, captaining both the Mohun Bagan club and the Indian national team. Popularly known as Chuni Goswami.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Open Budget Survey Index
- India has been ranked at 53rd position among 117 countries in terms of budget transparency and accountability under Open Budget Survey Index by International Budget Partnership (IBP).
- The Union Budget of India process a transparency score of 49 out of 100.
- New Zealand tops the chart with a score 87.
- International Budget Partnership (IBP) : Headquarters: Washington DC || Founded: 1997 || Executive Director : Warren Krafchik
1. Exercise RIMPAC
- US Navy will host world’s largest maritime exercises ‘Exercise RIMPAC’ in Hawaii.
- RIMPAC, the Rim of the Pacific Exercise, is the world’s largest international maritime warfare exercise. RIMPAC is held biennially even-numbered years from Honolulu, Hawaii.
1. Ligue 1 champions
- Paris St Germain has been crowned Ligue 1 champions as season ended amid coronavirus crisis.
- Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, commonly referred to as Paris Saint-Germain, Paris SG, or simply Paris or PSG, is a French professional football club based in Paris. Founded in 1970, the club has traditionally worn red, blue and white kits.