Daily Current Affairs 1 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Administrator of Lakshadweep
- Dineshwar Sharma has been appointed as new Administrator of Lakshadweep.
- Lakshadweep: Capital: Kavaratti || Formation: 1 November 1956
2. Rajiv Guaba Committee
- Government of India has drafted a Committee of Secretaries, headed by Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba to examine the financial stress of the telecom sector.
- Rajiv Gauba is a 1982 batch Indian Administrative Service officer belonging to Jharkhand cadre. He is the current Cabinet Secretary of India. Prior to Cabinet Secretary he served as Home Secretary of India.
3. V. Nanammal passes away
- Padma Shri awardee & India’s oldest Yoga teacher V. Nanammal has passed away.
- V. Nanammal was India’s oldest yoga teacher. She trained one million students over 45 years and taught one hundred students daily. Six hundred of her students have become yoga instructors around the world.
4. Commemorative coin on Paramahansa Yogananda
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has released a special commemorative coin on Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Paramahansa Yogananda, or Paramhansa Yogananda, born Mukunda Lal Ghosh, was an Indian monk, yogi and guru who introduced millions to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his organization Self-Realization Fellowship / Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.
- Book: Autobiography of a Yogi
5. ‘Aarambh’ a common foundation course for IAS
- The first-ever common foundation course ‘Aarambh’ for 2019 batch IAS probationers has begun at Statue of Unity in Kevadia, Gujarat.
- Theme: ‘How to achieve the goal of making India a 5 trillion dollar economy’.
1. World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated by vegans around the world every 1 November.
- The benefits of veganism for humans, non-human animals, and the natural environment are celebrated through activities such as setting up stalls, hosting potlucks, and planting memorial trees.
2. Gandhi Mandela Award 2019
- The Gandhi Mandela Foundation has constituted the first ever Gandhi Mandela Award in 2019 which is India’s first international award.
- The award honours exemplary work and achievements of the heads of State and Govt and other distinguished persons or organizations around the world.
3. New Head of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
- Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi is the current caliph (Head) of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
- His appointment by a shura council was announced by ISIL media on 31 October 2019, less than a week after the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- ISIS is a terrorist group and a former unrecognised proto-state that follows a fundamentalist, Salafi jihadist doctrine.
4. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Iraq
- Birender Singh Yadav has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Iraq.
- Iraq: Capital- Baghdad || Currency- Iraqi dinar || President- Barham Salih || Prime minister- Adil Abdul-Mahdi
5. Author’s Day
- November 1 is Author’s Day, a day to honor all your favorite authors and to encourage any writers in your life to keep working on their magnum opus.
- Writing is hard and writing a short story or a book is even harder.
6. World Cities Day
- United Nations General Assembly has designated 31st October as World Cities Day.
- Theme: ‘Changing the world: innovations and better life for future generations’.
1. One billion transactions done through UPI
- Acc. to NPCI, One billion transactions done through UPI in October 2019.
- Unified Payments Interface is an instant real-time payment system developed by National Payments Corporation of India facilitating inter-bank transactions. The interface is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India and works by instantly transferring funds between two bank accounts on a mobile platform.
- NPCI: Founded :2008 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra || MD & CEO : DilipAsbe
2. BSE–Ebix Joint Venture
- Bombay Stock Exchange – Ebix (USA based Insurance Exchange) Joint Venture has got in-principle approval from IRDAI for insurance broking business.
- The Joint Venture is named as BSE-Ebix Insurance Broking Pvt Ltd.
- It will enable distribution outlets, wealth management advisors and PoS to sell life and non-life insurance products.
- BSE: Founded: 9 July 1875 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra || MD & CEO: Ashishkumar Chauhan
- Ebix: Founded: 1976 || Headquarters: Atlanta, USA President & CEO: Robin Raina
- IRDAI: Headquarters : Hyderabad || Chairman: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
3. 2019-2020 Class of White House Fellows
- Indian-American Interventional Gastroenterologist Amit Sachdev has been appointed to prestigious 2019-20 class of white house fellows.
- White House Fellowships offer exceptional young men and women first-hand experience working at the highest levels of the Federal government.
- Selected individuals typically spend a year working as a full-time, paid Fellow to senior White House Staff, Cabinet Secretaries and other top-ranking government officials.
4. Colombo Declaration
- Sri Lanka and UNEP have announced a new Colombo Declaration for tackling Global Nitrogen Challenge.
- The aim of the declaration is to halve the nitrogen waste by 2030.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || President: Maithripala Sirisena.
- The United Nations Environment Programme is a programme of the United Nations that coordinates the organization’s environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices.
- Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya || Head: Inger Andersen || Abbreviation: UN Environment || Director: Inger Andersen || Awards: Shorty Industry Award for Best Social Good Campaign || Subsidiary: World Conservation Monitoring Centre
5. ‘Preventive Health’ Tool
- Facebook has launched a healthcare tool ‘Preventive Health’ for check-up reminders.
- It helps to connect people to health resources and sends check-up reminders.
- Facebook Headquarters: California || CEO: Mark Zuckerberg.
1. CISM Military World Games for 2019
- The 7th CISM Military World Games 2019 were concluded in Wuhan, China.
- Motto: Military Glory, World Peace.
- China has topped the medal table with a total of 239 Medals (Gold: 133 || Silver: 64 || Bronze: 42).
- India is at 27th position in 7th CISM Military World Games 2019 with a total of 10 medals (Gold: 6 || Silver: 1 || Bronze: 3).
2. Olympic Test event for Boxing
- Indian boxer Shiva Thapa and Pooja Rani have won Gold Medals in Olympic Test Event for Boxing in Tokyo, Japan.
- Boxer Ashish Kumar has settled for a silver.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30