Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2017, we would recommend to you to try 1 April 2017 Current affairs test.
- Israel approve settlement within West Bank for first time in 2 decades
- Israel, a country which refrained from establishing new settlements, under pressure from previous American administration headed by Mr. Barack Obama, approved the establishment of a new settlement within West Bank for the first time in more than two decades on March 31, 2017.
- Myanmar becomes the 7th formal member of SASEC.
The SASEC (South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation) program which was formed in 2001 to enhance project-based partnership and to promote regional prosperity by improving cross-border connectivity between the member countries accepts Myanmar as their 7th formal member.
- The reason for accepting Myanmar is that it is the key to greater connectivity between SASEC sub-regions and also Developing Multi-model connectivity which has potential of
huge economic energy in sub-region.
‘Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana’ launched in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
- First of its kind “Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana” in Nellore; Andhra Pradesh was launched by Mr. Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment on 1st April,2017 which aims to provide Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices to Senior Citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category and also suffer from age related problems viz. hearing impairment,
- ‘Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO)’, (a PSU under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment) will be the agency that shall implement this scheme
Banking and Finance:
Interest rates lowered by Government on small saving schemes by 0.1 per cent for April-June quarter.
- The reduction in interest rates on Small Saving Schemes like PPF, KVP and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been notified by Finance Ministry for April-June 2017 quarter by 10 basis points (0.1%) as compared to Jan-Mar 2017 quarter.
- While announcing this revision in interest rates, Finance Ministry added that rates of small saving schemes would be aligned with government bond yields.
- This move is in line with the Govt.’s practice of recalibrating the rates on quarterly basis, which is being followed since April 2016.
RBI celebrates 82nd Establishment day on 1st April,2017
- India’s Central Bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which is respected as one of the most effective Central Banks around the world celebrated 82nd Establishment Day on 1st April 2017.
Association between Axis Bank and Wells Fargo
- Axis Bank has tied up with the third largest American bank by assets – Wells Fargo, which will offer real time payments from the Indian immigrants to their relatives back home.
- The tie up gives privilege to any Indian immigrant who has account in Well Fargo to transfer money to their relatives back home and involves no transaction fee but the receiver should have an account in Axis bank.
Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant 2nd unit starts successfully
- As said in a statement by Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), the second unit of Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant which had its nuclear fission, on July 10, 2016, and was connected to the southern grid on August 29, 2016 went critical on Sunday at 8.56 pm
- In four to six months duration, the unit will start commercial generation. Prior tests have to be conducted and then the unit will be connected to the Southern power grid.
Increased prices of stents by around 2% by NPPA
- The drug price regulating Authority- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA), increased the price of stents by around 2 percent due to increase in the price of bare metal stents from Rs.7260 to Rs.7400 and the price of drug-eluting stent to Rs 30,180 from Rs 29,600.
Awards & Recognitions:
US selects Andhra Pradesh CM for US India Business Council Award
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Mr. N Chandrababu Naidu has been selected for the US India Business Council (USIBC) award. This award is to be presented at the 2nd Annual West Coast Summit to be held in Menlo Park, California on May 8, 2017.
- The category under which the award is being presented is, ‘Transformative Chief Minister’ of India by USIBC. ‘Transformative Leadership’ Award will be received by Ms. Aruna Sundararajan at the Summit.
Science & Technology:
Super bug Drug launched to fight against the threat of Antibiotic Resistance
- Researchers from University of Birmingham and Newcastle University in the United Kingdom have found a drug that can fight against drug resistant superbugs on April 1, 2017 and has become available for UK patients. Tony De Soyza, Senior Lecturer at Newcastle University explained the process clearly.
- This is an unusual approach of removing antibodies from the blood stream that could reduce chronic infections.
- Daily Current Affairs Today 1 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 2 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 3 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 4 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 5 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 6 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 7 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 8 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 9 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 10 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 11 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 12 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 13 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 14 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 15 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 16 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 17 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 18 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 19 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 20 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 21 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 22 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 23 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 24 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 25 April 2017