Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Tibetan govt-in-exile a product of Make in India: Tibet PM.
- The Tibetan government-in-exile is a product of the ‘Make in India’ campaign, Tibetan PM Lobsang Sangay said at a ‘Thank You India event commemorating the Dalai Lama’s 60-year exile.
- The event was attended by BJP General Secretary Ram Madhav despite reports that the centre cautioned Indian leaders to stay away from Tibetan events due to ‘sensitive’ relations with China.
2.ISRO loses contact with satellite 2 days after launch.
- ISRO on Sunday confirmed it has lost contact with GSAT-6A communication satellite, which was launched successfully on Thursday.
- The agency is working towards re-establishing the link, which was broken reportedly due to power system failure.
3.Sachin donates his entire Rajya Sabha pay to PM’s relief fund.
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has donated his entire salary and other monthly allowances he drew as Rajya Sabha MP to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.
- Tendulkar, whose term as RS MP will end later in April, earn nearly Rs.90lakh in past six years.
1.France to send troops to Syria in support of Kurdish militia.
- France has pledged support to the Kurdish dominated Syrian Democratic Forces and committed to send troops to the country.
- Slamming France over the decision, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the move amounted to support for terrorism and France’s increased military presence in Northern Syria would be an ‘invasion’.
2.N Korea will take part in next two Olympics: IOC.
- Following its participation at the Winter Olympics in PyeonChang, S Korea, N Korea will participate in the next two Olympics in Japan and China, IOC president Thomas Bach has said.
- ”Jong-un has a clear vision of the role that sport can play in society” Bach added.
3.S Korea, US starts military drills.
- South Korea and the US started their annual joint military exercise on Sunday, after reducing the duration this year due to the current rapprochement with North Korea.
- Around 11,500 US troops and some 3,00,000 South Korean soldiers are set to participate in the first of the two drills, Foal Eagle.
1.India become second largest mobile phone producer: Cellular association.
- India is now the second largest mobile phone producer in the world after China, as per information shared by the Indian Cellular Association with telecom minister Manoj Sinha and IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- According to the data shared by ICA, annual production of mobile phones in India increased from 3 million units in 2014 to 11 million units in 2017.
2.Bitcoin loses $115bn market value in first quarter of 2018.
- World’s largest crypto currency Bitcoin has lost $115bn in market capitalisation in the first quarter of this year.
- Bitcoin currently has market capitalisation of $120bn and accounts for 45% of the crypto currency market.
3.Indian oil to invest Rs.1.4tn to double refining capacity.
- India’s biggest oil firm Indian Oil Corporation plans to invest about Rs.1.43tn to nearly double its oil refining capacity to 150 million tonnes and boost petrochemical production by 2030.
- IOC is investing Rs.16,628crore in upgrading its refineries to produce Euro-VI emission norm compliant Petrol and Diesel.
1.Sloane Stephens won Miami Open tennis title.
- American Sloane Stephens kept intact her streak of never having lost a final as she defeated Latvia’s Jelena Ostapenko 7-6(5), 6-1 to claim the Miami Open tennis title.
- After a tense first set, the U.S. Open champion reeled off six consecutive games in the second to beat the French Open winner and claim her first Miami title after a slow start to the season.
2.India sending 218-member contingent to Australia for 2018 Commonwealth Games
- A contingent of 218 athletes will be representing India in Gold Coast, Australia for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- The Games begin on April 4 and will go on till April 15, 2018. The 218-member contingent includes a 31-member athletics team.