Daily Current Affairs 1 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Indian Air Force: A Cut Above’ Mobile Game
- Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched an Air-Combat Mobile Game ‘Indian Air Force: A Cut Above’.
- It will also feature Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman.
2. Interim Chairman of Café Coffee Day
- Café Coffee Day has appointed SV Ranganath as its interim Chairman after the death of founder-chairman VG Siddhartha.
- VG Siddhartha Hegde was an Indian billionaire and businessman from Karnataka. He was the founder of the cafe chain Café Coffee Day and served as its chairman and managing director.
- Café Coffee Day is an Indian café chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited, a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited. Coffee Day serves 1.8 billion cups of coffee, annually, in six countries.
3. Atal Innovation Mission’s new Program
- Atal Innovation Mission is set to launch a new program for community innovation in New Delhi.
- Aim: To make innovation ecosystem socially inclusive.
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) including Self-Employment and Talent Utilization (SETU) is Government of India’s endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Director of AIM Mission is R Ramanan.
1. R-27 Air-to-Air Missile
- India has signed a deal to acquire R-27 Air-to-Air Missiles from Russia to be equipped on Su-30MKI combat aircraft.
- The JSC Sukhoi Company is a major Soviet and now Russian aircraft manufacturer, headquartered in Begovoy District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow, and designs both civilian and military aircraft. It was founded by Pavel Sukhoi in 1939 as the Sukhoi Design Bureau.
2. ShawalaTeja Singh Temple
- Shawala Teja Singh Temple is an ancient Hindu temple located in Pakistan’s Sialkot city has been re-opened for devotees.
- It was shut down during Partition and was sealed for the last 72 years
- It was Built by Sardar Teja Singh, Shawala Teja Singh temple is dedicated to Hindu deity Shiva, in Sialkot in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
3. National Geographic Explorer Award
- Aman KA and AU Nachiketh of Karnataka have won National Geographic Explorer Award at the 2019 Google Science Fair competition.
- They developed an eco-friendly and cost-effective process of coagulating rubber latex using ‘bimbli’ fruit’s extract.
- National Geographic is an American pay television network and flagship channel that is owned by National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the National Geographic Society, with the operational management handled by Walt Disney Television.
4. Russi Taylor passes away
- Russi Taylor was an American voice actress who voiced many characters throughout her career.
- She provided the voices of Minnie Mouse from 1986 and The Simpsons character Martin Prince from 1989 until her death in 2019.
- She had also voiced Donald Duck’s nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie in the ‘Ducktales’ animated series.
1. ‘CARS24’ as a NBFC
- CARS24 has received a license of a Non-banking Finance Company from Reserve Bank of India.
- ‘CARS24’ will be venturing into the consumer lending business as a separate entity.
2. Microsoft’s New Acquisition
- Microsoft has acquired Data Privacy and Governance start up ‘BlueTalon’.
- BlueTalon, Inc. was a private enterprise software company that provides data-centric security, user access control, data masking, and auditing solutions for complex, hybrid data environments. BlueTalon was founded in 2013 and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
- Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
3. Infosys’ Cyber Defence Center
- Infosys announced the launch of its Cyber Defence Center in Bucharest, Romania.
- Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. It has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- CEO: Salil Parekh || Headquarters: Bengaluru
4. ‘Sahamati’ Platform
- Infosys co-founder and its former chairman Nandan Nilekani has inducted ‘Sahamati’ Platform to solve Fintech’s Data Problem.
- It belongs to a new class of non-banking financial institutions called the account aggregator (NBFC-AA) model.
- Users permission to access their financial accounts, aggregate and organize all financial information in one place.
- Nandan Nilekani is an Indian entrepreneur, bureaucrat, and politician. He co-founded Infosys and is the non-executive chairman of Infosys replacing R Seshasayee and Ravi Venkatesan, who were the co-chairs of the board, on 24 August 2017.
1. First Cricketer to score a hundred in Global T20 league
- Chris Gayle has become the first cricketer to score a hundred in Global T20 league in Canada.
- The 2019 Global T20 Canada is the second edition of the Global T20 Canada, a 20-over cricket tournament, currently being played at the CAA Centre, Brampton, Ontario.
2. National Women Chess Championship 2019
- Bhakti Kulkarni of Goa has retained the title at 46th National Women Chess Championship 2019.
- The 46th Edition of National Women Chess Championship 2019 was held in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
3. BCCI suspends Prithvi Shaw
- BCCI has suspended Prithvi Shaw for ‘doping violations’.
- Prithvi Pankaj Shaw is an Indian cricketer and former India national under-19 cricket team captain. A right-handed opening batsman.
- He made his first international appearance on 4 October 2018 and became the second-youngest Indian after Tendulkar to make a Test century and the youngest Indian to do so on Test debut.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31