Daily Current Affairs 1 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 01 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 01 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Global Centre for Security and Counter Terrorism to be established in Jaipur.
- Central Government has sanctioned Rs.275 crore for establishing Global Centre for Security and Counter Terrorism in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Central government will contribute Rs.165 crore of total cost.
2.India’s first Madame Tussauds wax museum opened to public.
- India’s first Madame Tussauds wax museum opened to the public at the Regal building in Delhi’s Connaught Place.
- The museum has the fifty life like wax figures of celebrities in the fields of sports, music, films, politics among others.
3.Cyclone ‘Ockhi’ hits southern Kerala, Tamil Nadu.
- At least four people in Tamil Nadu and four in Kerala have died after Cyclone ‘Ockhi’ hit the southern part of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- A search has also been launched to locate over 12 boats that had gone the sea and are missing.
1.Japan’s Emperor Akhihito first in 200 years to renounce throne.
- Japan’s Emperor Akihito will renounce his throne on April 30,2019, becoming the country’s first monarch in 200years to abdicate.
- The 83-year old emperor who has heart surgery and treatment for prostate cancer, expressed his wish to abdicate the throne in 2016.
2.Saudi Arabia intercepts second Yemeni missile in a month.
- Saudi Arabia intercepted a second ballistic missile fired towards it this month by Yemen’s Houthi rebels.
- This missile was destroyed without causing any casualties, Saudi officials have said.
3.World Aids Day is being celebrated all over the world.
- World AIDS day is celebrated every year all over the world on December 1st to raise the public awareness about Acquired Amino Deficiency Syndrome(AIDS).
- The theme of World AIDS day 2017 is ‘Right to Health’.
1.Bitcoin doesn’t seem like a currency: Goldman Sachs CEO.
- Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Bitcoin doesn’t feel like a currency as it moves up and down 20% in a day.
- He also said that he doesn’t consider Bitcoin a store of value.
2. Saubhagya scheme launched in Manipur.
- The Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijali har Ghar Yojana(SAUBHAGYA) was launched in Manipur, by Union Minister of state for Power and new & renewable Energy, RK Singh and N Biren Singh, CM of Manipur.
- The objective of Saubhagya is to provide energy access to all by last mil connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas.
3. Dia Mirza appointed as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- Former Miss Asia Pacific Dia Mirza was appointed as UN Environment’s Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- As a goodwill ambassador, Dia will work with the United Nations to further spread the message on priority areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
1.UP government promises Rs.3crore for future Olympic Medallists.
- In a bid to encourage sportspersons across the state, former cricketer and UP Sports Minister Chetan Chauhan has announced Olympic Medal winners will be given Rs.3crore.
- The amount is the same what the central government offers to the Olympic medal winners.