Daily Current Affairs 1 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Bhasha Sangam
- Bhasha Sangam is an initiative for schools and educational institutions to provide multilingual exposure to students in Various Indian Dialects.
- This is comes under ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme which was earlier launched by Govt.
2. Empowering People against Hepatitis: The Empathy Campaign
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in New Delhi has inducted a campaign to spread a pan-India awareness about hepatitis disease.
- The Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences is a mono-super speciality hospital for liver and biliary diseases located at New Delhi, India.
3. Cyril Ramaphosa to be the chief guest at 2019 Republic Day
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will be the Chief Guest at the 2019 Republic Day celebration in New Delhi.
- South Africa Capital: Cape Town || Currency: South African rand
4. Hornbill festival
- The 19th edition of the Hornbill Festival 2018 has begun in Nagaland.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the event.
1. First NATO Country with the female Army Chief
- Slovenia has become first North Atlantic Treaty Organization Country with the female Army Chief.
- This came after the appointment of Major General Alenka Ermenc to the post of Head of Slovenia’s Army.
2. ‘Carbon Neutral’ by 2050
- The European Union has set a goal to be ‘Carbon Neutral’ by 2050.
- The European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe. It has an area of 4,475,757 km² and an estimated population of about 513 million.
3. World AIDS Day
- World AIDS Day is observed on 1 December every year since 1988.
- Theme :- ‘Know Your Status’
4. George HW Bush passes away
- The 41st President of the USA George HW Bush passed away
- He was an American politician who served as the 41st President of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Prior to assuming the presidency, Bush served as the 43rd Vice President of the United States from 1981 to 1989.
1. Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation
- Govt. has appointed Anil Manibhai Naik as Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation
- The National Skill Development Corporation is an Indian not-for-profit company set up to address the need for providing skilled manpower across various industry sectors.
2. ‘Global Geospatial Industry Ambassador‘Award
- Sanjay Kumar was conferred the ‘Global Geospatial Industry Ambassador‘ Award by United Nations Global Geospatial Information Management.
- The award was presented at the United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress held at Deqing city in China.
- Sanjay Kumar is the Founder and CEO of Geospatial Media and Communications.
3. Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui and filmmaker Nandita Das have been awarded at the 12th Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) in Brisbane
- Best Performance By An Actor for his film ‘Manto’ :- Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- FIAPF(Fédération Internationale des Associations de Producteurs de Film) Award :- Nandita Das
4. ‘Asian of the Year’ award
- Commander Vijay Varma(Indian Navy pilot) and Captain P. Rajkumar(Indian Navy pilot) have been awarded ‘Asian of the Year’ award.
- The award is presented by Singapore newspaper The Strait Times for Kerala floods rescue efforts.
1. BC Roy Junior National Championships
- Haryana has defeated Manipur to win BC Roy Junior National Football Championships.
- The BC Roy Trophy is an Indian football tournament for players under 19 years of age. The competition is held every year between the under-19 teams representing states of India.
2. Tata Motors Senior Women’s National Championship
- Vinesh Phogat in 57Kg event has won gold medal in Senior Women’s National Championship in Gond, UP.
- Sakshi Malik in 62 kg has won gold medal in Senior Women’s National Championship.
3. National Shooting Championship
- Esha Singh from Telangana has won 3 Gold Medals at the 62nd National Shooting Championships in Thiruvananthapuram.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 December