Daily Current Affairs 1 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India to have world’s largest govt-funded health programme
- FM Arun Jaitley has announced the world’s largest programme with Rs.5 lakh annual cover per family for 10 crore poor families.
- The govt also allocated Rs.1200 cr for construction of 1.5 lakh new healthcare centres.
2. Indian Railways gets highest-ever capex fund
- The govt has allotted Rs.1,48,528 crore for Indian Railways capital expenditure in the Budget 2018.
- FM Arun Jaitley said that the govt plans to renew 36,000 km of rail tracks.
3. Govt projects fiscal deficit at 3.3% of GDP for 2018-19
- The Finance Minister also revised the fiscal deficit estimate for the current financial year to 3.5% of GDP as against 3.2% earlier.
- He added that govt has consistently worked to reduce the fiscal deficit since 2014.
1. EU pledges Rs.330 cr to Palestine
- This comes after the US withheld aid to a UN agency supporting Palestinian refugees.
- It said the aid would help Palestinians establish their own state as part of the two-state solution.
2. Hong Kong approves ban on local ivory trading by 2021
- The vote comes a month after China, the world’s largest importer and end user of elephant tusks, banned their sale.
- Notably, ivory has been traded for more than 150 years in Hong Kong.
3. N Korea seriously boosted missile programme in 2017 : Russia
- Russia’s ambassador to N Korea Aleksandr Matsegora said that Russia is closely monitoring the situation in N Korea and is aware of its capabilities.
- He further said that the latest models of missiles were likely designed by N Korea itself.
1. Mobiles get expensive with Budget 2018
- In electronics, mobile phones, television sets, smart watches and other wearable devices have become more expensive.
- In precious metals, both gold and silver have become costlier.
2. NITI Aayog to set up national AI programme
- He said that the funds allocated to the Digital India programme were doubled to Rs.3073 cr.
- The Department of Science will launch a national programme for research in cyberspace.
3. Tax rate for firms with up to Rs.250 cr turnover reduced to 25%
- The tax will be reduced to 25% from the present 30%.
- Finance Minister further proposed 10% Long Term Capital Gain tax on equity gains of above Rs.1 lakh.
1. PM Modi launches first ‘Khelo India’ school games
- Talented players identified by a govt committee at the games will be provided with an annual assistance of Rs.5 lakh for 8 years.
- 199 gold, 199 silver and 275 bronze medals will be awarded at the week-long games.
2. Pak awarded 3rd place in U-19 WC
- Pak was awarded 3rd place after their playoff against Afghanistan.
- The U-19 WC’s final will be played between India and Australia.