Daily Current Affairs 1 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Nritya Shiromani Award 2019
- Kathak dancer Anindita Neogy Anaam will be awarded by the National Nritya Shiromani award.
- Kathak is the Hindi name for one of the eight major forms of Indian classical dance. The origin of Kathak is traditionally attributed to the traveling bards of ancient northern India known as Kathakars or storytellers.
2. Ujjwala sanitary napkin initiative
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin initiative in Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha:- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Prof. Ganeshi Lal.
3. Kader Khan passes away
- Actor Kader Khan has passed away at 81.
- Kader Khan was an Afghan-born Indian-Canadian film actor, screenwriter, comedian, and director. As an actor, he appeared in over 300 films after his debut film in the 1973 film Daag, starring Rajesh Khanna, in which he acted as a prosecuting attorney.
1. New PM of Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s alliance won the Bangladesh’s election.
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka, Currency: Bangladeshi Taka.
2. Satellite Chang’e-4 probe
- The Chang’e-4 from China has entered a planned orbit for the first ever soft landing on the far side of the moon.
- Chang’e-4 probe is carried by a Long March-3B rocket.
3. ‘2019 Year of Active Investment and Social Development’ Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan has announced 2019 as the ‘Year of Active Investment and Social Development’ in the backdrop of India’s proposed investments.
- Capital: Tashkent || Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm || President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
1. ‘Growth Outlook for 2019’, Confederation of Indian Industry
- Acc. to CCI, India will grow at 7.5% in FY19.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
2. Allahabad Bank with SBI Life
- Both have signed a ‘bancassurance’ pact to sell the policies of SBI Life.
- Allahabad Bank:- Headquarters: Kolkata || MD & CEO: Mallikarjuna Rao || Tagline: A tradition of trust
3. 7 unlisted CPSEs on Stock Exchange
- Seven Central Public Sector Enterprises on the Stock Exchange through Initial Public Offering or Further Public Offer
- Telecommunication Consultants (India) [TCIL]
- RailTel Corporation India
- National Seed Corporation India (NSC)
- Tehri Hydro Development Corporation (THDC)
- Water & Power Consultancy Services (India) [WAPCOS Ltd.]
- FCI Aravali Gypsum and Minerals (India) [FAGMIL]
- Kudremukh Iron Ore Company (KIOCL)
1. Women’s National Boxing Championships
- The third edition of women’s national boxing championships was started in Vijayanagara, Karnataka.
- The Host ‘Inspire Institute of Sport’ (IIS) is India’s first privately funded high performance training centre for athletes. Founded by the JSW Group, the facility is spread over 42 acres in Vijayanagar, Bellary district, Karnataka.
2. ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- Smriti Mandhana has been named as the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Cricketer of the Year as well as ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year.
- Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Indian women’s national team. In June 2018, the Board of Control for Cricket in India named her as the Best Women’s International Cricketer.
3. ICC Awards (Women)
- ICC Emerging Player of the Year :- Sophie Ecclestone (England)
- ICC T20I Player of the Year :- Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Award :- Smriti Mandhana