Daily Current Affairs 1 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Goods and Services Tax Day
- The Government of India has announced that 1st of July shall be commemorated as ‘GST Day’.
- The government of India is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) coming into force on 1st July 2017.
2. Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana
- The Maharashtra government announced a new scheme called ‘Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana’, wherein farmers families where girl children are born will be given saplings for plantation.
- The scheme is aimed at empowering women and promoting tree plantation.
3. Nigeria Replaces India to Become World’s Largest Poor Population
- India is no longer a nation having the largest number of poor people in the world, according to a study published by the US-based think tank, Brookings.
- The study, titled ‘The start of a new poverty narrative’ and published in the Brookings’ blog.
4. Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) ‘IPledgefor9’ Achievers and MMR Reduction Awards.
- JP Nadda, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare presented the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) ‘IPledgefor9’ Achievers and MMR Reduction Awards.
- India has shown 22% reduction in Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) since 2013. Uttar Pradesh has shown 30% decline and has topped the chart in the reduction of maternal deaths.
1. Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2018 (AMCDRR 2018)
- Shri Kiren Rijiju to lead a High Level delegation to participate in AMCDRR, 2018 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 03-06 July, 2018
- Theme of the AMCDRR 2018: ‘Preventing Disaster Risk: Protecting Sustainable Development’
2. Golden Globe Race 2018
- Commander Abhilash Tomy of the Indian Navy is all set to head off on a unique voyage. The officer is the only invitee from Asia to participate in the prestigious Golden Globe Race (GGR) that commences from Les Sables d’Olonne harbour in France.
- The participants are required to sail around the world, single-handed and non-stop. The uniqueness of the race is that boat designs and technology newer than 1968 is not permitted, hence use of Global Positioning System (GPS), satellite communication, navigational aids, etc is forbidden.
3. Abu Dhabi ‘Smartest City’ In Middle East
- Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has topped the list of “smart cities” in the Middle East and Africa.
- A report by McKinsey Global Institute titled “Smart Cities: Digital Solutions for a More Livable Future” is Covering 50 international cities.
4. Asia’s 1st Patent Arbitration Centre
- Asia’s first arbitration centre specialised in intellectual property is slated to open in Tokyo.
- It will open in September 2018 to resolve the growing number of disputes in the region.
1. PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended to March 31, 2019
- The Central Board of Direct Taxation extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking from June 30, 2018, to March 31, 2019.
- This is the fifth time the government has extended the deadline for individuals to link their PAN with their Aadhaar.
2. Nissan signs MoU with Kerala government for digital hub
- Nissan Motor signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Kerala to establish a new global center for its digital operations in India.
- The Nissan Digital Hub in Kerala will serve as an important engine to drive Nissan’s global digital transformation.
3. Canada imposes retaliatory tariffs on US imports worth USD 12 bn
- Canada announced tariffs on US imports worth over USD 12 billion. The tariffs were imposed on items including coffee, ketchup and whisky as well as steel and aluminium products.
- Canada’s move came in retaliation to the 25% and 10% respective tariffs on its steel and aluminium imports imposed by the US.
4. Nepal-India EPG Meeting
- The ninth and final meeting of Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on Nepal-India Relations concluded in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The Representatives from Nepal and India deliberated upon various bilateral issues including Business,Export,1950 Peace and Friendship treaty, trade, transit and border .
1. ISSF Junior World Cup 2018 Germany
- The ISSF Junior World Cup 2 concluded in Suhl, Germany
- Indian National Team tops the tally with 26 total medals: 15 golds, two silvers and nine bronzes.
2. The Indian kabaddi team beat Iran 44-26 to lift the Kabaddi Masters 2018 title in Dubai
- The Indian team remained unbeaten throughout the tournament.
- India had also beaten Iran in the final of the World Championships two years ago. Notably, India’s Ajay Thakur has not lost a single match as captain of the Indian team.
3. Indian Hockey end as 2nd place in Champions Trophy 2018
- The Indian men’s hockey team lost to Australia in penalty shootout to end as runners-up in the Champions Trophy 2018.
- Australia won the most editions (15) of the tournament while India failed to win a single Champions Trophy title.