Daily Current Affairs 1 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. GST Day
- 1st July 2019 is celebrated as GST Day.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax (or consumption tax) imposed in India on the supply of goods and services.
- Goods and services are divided into five different tax slabs for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, petroleum products, alcoholic drinks, and electricity are not taxed under GST and instead are taxed separately by the individual state governments.
- The tax came into effect from July 1, 2017 through the implementation of One Hundred and First Amendment of the Constitution of India by the Indian government.
2. Chartered Accountants Day
- Chartered Accountants Day was established on 1 July 1949 as a statutory body under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Parliament (acting as the provisional Parliament of India) to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
- ICAI is the second largest professional Accounting & Finance body in the world.
- ICAI :- Headquarters: New Delhi || Agency executive: N. D. Gupta (President) || President: SagarKavathiya
3. National Doctors Day
- National Doctors’ Day on 1st July is a day celebrated to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities.
- Theme :- ‘Zero Tolerance To Violence Against Doctors & Clinical Establishment’.
4. National Policy for Women Empowerment
- The Women and Child Development Ministry has drafted National Policy for Women Empowerment.
- Women and Child Development Minister- Smriti ZubinIrani
1. New Director Of World Customs Organization
- Pranab Das has been elected as the Director Of World Customs Organization.
- The World Customs Organization is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
- Pranab Das is presently the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), won an election in the WCO
- Commissioner for Customs Dicksons Kateshumbwa has been elected Chairperson of the World Customs Organization.
- Kateshumbwa has been the WCO East and South African region Vice Chairman.
- WCO: Secretary General: Kunio Mikuriya || Location: Brussels, Belgium || Founded: 26 January 1952.
2. Western Fleet Overseas Deployment programme
- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash has reached Alexandria, Egypt to participate in Western Fleet Overseas Deployment programme.
- INS Tarkash is the second Teg-class frigate constructed for the Indian Navy.
3. Exercise ISALEX19
- Abu Dhabi, UAE will host first joint security exercise of International Security Alliance named ‘ISALEX19’.
- The International Security Alliance represents an international collaboration of Ministries of Interior and includes working groups working together to combat organized and transnational crime.
- The Alliance Secretariat is located in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
4. Apollo Mission Control Center
- NASA has reopened Apollo Mission Control Center at Johnson Space Center.
- It came before the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing on July 20.
- Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two people on the Moon. Commander Neil Armstrong and lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the Apollo Lunar Module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC.
1. SBI Day
- State Bank of India is observing its 64th SBI Day on 1st July.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government corporation statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- SBI is ranked as 216th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2018.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
- On 1st July in the year 1955, The Imperial Bank of India was the oldest and the largest commercial bank of the Indian subcontinent, and was subsequently transformed into the State Bank of India in 1955.
- Initially, as per its royal charter, it acted as the central bank for British India prior to the formation of the Reserve Bank of India in 1935.
2. Money in Swiss banks
- India has ranked 74th rank in terms of money parked in Swiss National Bank.
- 1. United Kingdom
- 2. USA
- 3. Swiss National Bank
3. 13th Annual Conference of RBI
- The 13th Annual Conference of RBI was inaugurated by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in Mumbai.
- Theme :- ‘Statistics for the Future – Select Issues’.
4. President’s award to NALCO
- NALCO has been awarded with President’s award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility fund in social development.
- National Aluminium Company Limited, abbreviated as NALCO, is a Navratna group ‘A’ CPSE having integrated and diversified operations in mining, metal and power under Ministry of Mines, Government of India. Presently, Government of India holds 52% equity of NALCO.
- CMD of NALCO : Tapan Chand
1. FIH Rankings (Hockey)
- Indian Women’s Hockey Team ranked at 10th Place on FIH Rankings.
- Indian Men’s Hockey ranked at 5th Place on FIH Rankings.
- FIH, is the international governing body of field hockey and indoor field hockey. Its headquarters are in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- President: Narinder Batra || CEO: Thierry Weil || Founded: 7 January 1924
2. Austrian Grand Prix 2019
- Max Verstappen of Netherlands has won Austrian Grand Prix 2019
- Runner-up: Charles Leclerc [Monaco] Ferrari
- Max Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver who competes under the Dutch flag in Formula One with Red Bull Racing.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31