Daily Current Affairs 1 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Teams to study VVPAT failure
- The EC dispatched 2 teams to study reasons behind high cases of VVPAT failure.
- The team should cite the general conditions under which VVPATs were operated in the polling booths.
2. LPG rates hiked
- This is the 1st time LPG rates are hiked in 2018.
- The prices are hiked by Rs.2.34 for subsidized and Rs.48 for non-subsidized cylinders.
3. Congress, JD(S) to jointly fight polls
- The parties will form a pre-poll alliance to contest the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
- Congress MP KC Venugopal made this announcement.
1. PM Modi launches BHIM, RuPay in Singapore
- Modi launched SBI mobile applications in Singapore at a business event.
- RuPay was linked with NETS which allows users to make online purchases using RuPay’s point of sale terminals.
2. Canada announces tariffs on US
- This comes after US imposed tariffs on Canada.
- PM Justin Trudeau said that the tariffs will come into effect from July 1.
3. Uganda imposes social media tax
- The bill will impose a daily fee of 200 shillings for using platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter.
- This is taken up to stop gossips which cost the country time and income.
1. Government meet fiscal deficit target for 2017-18
- The govt has met the fiscal deficit target of 3.53% which is revised from 3.2%.
- The revenue deficit was Rs.4.43 tn which is 101% of budget estimate.
2. CoinTribe raises $10 mn
- The online lending startup has raised the fund from Sabre Partners.
- It connects industries to potential lenders.
3. Nokia sells digital health unit
- Nokia has sold its digital health unit and 200 employees to Withings.
- The digital health unit was acquired by Nokia in 2016 for $200 mn.
1. Vikas Gowda announces retirement
- CWG 2014 and Asian Championships 2013 and 2015 gold medal winner announced retirement from the sport. < li>
- This comes 2 months ahead of Asian games 2018. /li>
2. Rani Rampal returns to India squad
- The Indian team will play a 5-match series against the Spanish team.
- The team will play World Cup in July in London.