Daily Current Affairs 1 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.First Mega Food Park inaugurated in Maharashtra.
- The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. At village Degaon, district Satara was inaugurated by Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries.
- This is the 10th Mega Food Park being operationalised in the country and the 8thoperationalised during the tenure of the present government.
2.Union Cabinet approves anti-trafficking bill draft.
- National Investigation Agency(NIA), the apex anti-terror body, will be the nodal authority for probing cases of human trafficking after the government approved a proposal in this regard.
- Yogesh Chander Modi is the Director General of NIA.
3.World’s largest solar park inaugurated in Karnataka.
- Shakti Sthala, the world’s largest solar park, was inaugurated in Karnataka’s Pavagada by Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah and State Power Minister DK Shivakumar.
- The park has a 2000-MW capacity and was built at a cost of Rs.16,500 crore, over 13,000 acres across five villages.
4.IAF chief denies making request to US for F-35 fighter jet.
- IAF chief BS Dhanoa said that no requests were made to the Americans, denying reports of IAF approaching US-based defence company Lockheed Martin for F-35 jets.
- The reports surfaced after the news that the government has decided to scrap the proposal to make a single-engine fighter jet in India.
1.India and Jordan signed 12 agreements.
- India and Jordan signed 12 agreements at Hyderabad House in New Delhi, during bilateral talks between Jordan’s king Abdullah II and PM Modi.
- Agreements were signed in the areas of defence, health, culture and medicine.
2.Christians flogged in Indonesia over ‘anti-Islamic’ game.
- A Christian couple was flogged in Indonesia’s Aceh province for playing a children’s game considered ‘anti-Islamic’.
- The officials said that flogging creates a deterrent effect and do it in front of the public so it won’t happen again. Notably, Aceh is the only province in Muslim-majority Indonesia that imposes Sharia law.
3.Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu named in bribery case.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has been named as the beneficiary of a PR scheme worth up to a billion shekels.
- The Israeli PM is already being investigated for two instances of corruption.
4.Strategy will be developed to stay off terror financing list: Pakistan.
- Finance Minister of Pakistan, Rana Afzal Khan has said that Pakistan will develop a strategy to avoid being placed on global terrorism-financing watchlist.
- Before few days, Paris-based money-laundering watchdog Financial Action Task Force placed Pakistan on grey-list over terror financing.
1.Fiscal deficit of April-Jan hits 113.7% of full year target.
- India’s fiscal deficit for April-January reached 113.7% of the budgeted target for the current fiscal year that ends in March 2018.
- Earlier, the fiscal deficit target for the current year was raised to 3.5% of GDP from 3.2%.
2.Fintech deals rose five-fold in 2017 due to note ban: Report.
- According to a report by Accenture, India’s demonetisation decision led to a five-fold increase in venture investing in the country’s fintech sector.
- The report added that India, along with the UK and US, prompted an 18% rise in fintech financing to $27.4 billion in 2017.
3.IndusInd Bank and Ripple ties up for cross-border remittances.
- IndusInd Bank tied up with Ripple(the enterprise blockchain solution for Global payments) to facilitate payments into and out of India.
- RippleNet can now provide instant access in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China.
4.India ranks third on Hurun rich list with 131 billionaires.
- By replacing Germany, India has reclaimed the third spot on the Hurun Global Rich List 2018 with 131 billionaires.
- The combined wealth of the Indian billionaires increased by 49%. China ranked first in the list with 819 billionaires while USA ranked second with 571.
1.DRS will be used in IPL for the first time.
- The Decision Review System(DRS) will be used first time in the Indian Premier League for the first time in the tournament’s 2018 edition following BCCI’s approval.
- The IPL will become second major T20 league to adopt the system after Pakistan Super League.
2.Para-swimmer banned for 3 years for filming female swimmers.
- Commonwealth Games Bronze medallist Prasanta Karmakar has been suspended for 3 years for filming videos of female swimmers.
- He was bestowed with the Arjuna Award in 2011 and Major Dhyan Chand Award in 2015 and has won 37 international medals earlier.
3.Tokyo unveils Mascots for 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
- Tokyo, the host city of Olympics 2020, unveiled its long-awaited mascot for the 2020 Olympics Games.
- One has an athletic figure and a strong sense of justice. The other is a cherry blossom-inspired superhero.