Daily Current Affairs 1 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Southern Coast Railway
- Southern Coast Railway will be the 18th zone of the Indian Railways.
- It will be headquartered at Visakhapatnam ( Andhra Pradesh).
2. Indian Council of Agricultural Research with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Both have signed an MoU to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research is an autonomous body responsible for co-ordinating agricultural education and research in India. It reports to the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture. The Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.
- CSIR was established by the Government of India in September of 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
3. Aviation Conclave 2019
- Suresh Prabhu has inaugurated the Aviation Conclave 2019 in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Flying for All’
- It was organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in association with Airports Authority of India.
4. Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS)
- Prakash Javadekar has launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) in New Delhi.
- It will provide industry apprenticeship opportunities to the general graduates exiting in April 2019 through the National Apprenticeship Promotional Scheme (NAPS).
- Prakash Javadekar is an Indian politician. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and is the incumbent Union Minister of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
1. Zero Discrimination day
- Zero Discrimination Day on 1st March, is an annual day celebrated by the UN and other international organisations.
- The day aims to promote equality before the law and in practice throughout all of the member countries of the UN.
2. High Commissioner of India to Guyana
- KJ Srinivasa has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana
- Capital: Georgetown || Vernacular language: Guyanese Creole || Currency: Guyanese dollar
3. Michelle Howard and IBM
- Retired Admiral Michelle J Howard has been elected to IBM’s Board of Directors.
- Michelle Janine Howard is a retired United States Navy officer who last served as the commander of U.S. Naval Forces Europe while she concurrently served as the commander of U.S. Naval Forces Africa and commander of Allied Joint Force Command Naples. She previously served as the 38th Vice Chief of Naval Operations.
- Michelle J Howard was the first woman to become a four-star admiral in the US Navy.
4. Nikki Haley and Boeing
- World’s largest plane maker Boeing has nominated Nikki Haley to its Board of Directors.
- Nimrata “Nikki” Haley is an American politician who served as United States Ambassador to the United Nations from 2017 to 2018. A member of the Republican Party, she previously served as the 116th Governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017 and is a former member of the South Carolina House of Representatives.
1. META Lifetime Achievement Award 2019
- Indian playwright Mahesh Elkunchwar will be awarded META Lifetime Achievement Award 2019.
- META – Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards : It was instituted by the Mahindra Group with the objective of becoming a significant platform for celebrating this art.
- Mahesh Elkunchwar is an Indian playwright, screenplay writer with more than 20 plays to his name, in addition to his theoretical writings, critical works, and his active work in India’s Parallel Cinema as actor and screenwriter.
2. Reserve Bank of India with Bank of Japan
- RBI and Bank of Japan have signed a Bilateral Swap Arrangement.
- This Bilateral Swap Arrangement provides for India to access 75 billion US dollars.
3. DBS Bank India
- DBS Bank’s Indian business unit will merge with DBS Bank India(DBS bank’s wholly owned local subsidiary) with effect from 1st March 2019 as RBI has approved the merger.
- DBS Bank is a multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3 Marina Bay, Singapore.
- Headquarters: Singapore || CEO: Piyush Gupta
4. IDBI Bank’s non-executive chairman
- IDBI Bank has appointed Hemant Bhargava as non-executive chairman.
- Hemant Bhargava is the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India since February 2017. He joined LIC in 1981. Mr. Bhargava did his Masters in Economics and also studied at Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management.
- IDBI Bank Ltd. was established in 1964 by an Act of Parliament to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry. Initially it operated as a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India before RBI transferred it to government of India.
1. Makran Cup (Boxing)
- Boxer Deepak Singh has won gold at Makran Cup boxing tournament in Chabahar, Iran.
- Indian boxers collected a haul of 8 medals, including one gold, five silver and two bronze.
2. First Indian batsman to score 8000 runs in T20
- Suresh Raina is the second Indian since MS Dhoni to reach 300 T20 matches.
- Suresh Raina is the first from the country to score more than 8000 runs.
3. 2021 IAAF World Cross Country Championship
- Australia will host the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Athletics Series event.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded on 17 July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.