Daily Current Affairs 1 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Gupta takes oath as Deputy CM of J&K
- Kavinder Gupta takes over as Deputy CM in PDP-BJP govt.
- He will replace Nirmal Singh.
2. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Varanasi
- It will be held in Varanasi in Jan 2019.
- The theme is ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India’.
3. Flights to get internet service
- TRAI approved proposal that allows internet service and phone calls in flights.
- Calls will be allowed after the aircraft reaches an altitude of 3000 meters.
4. JEE Mains results announced
- 6 students shared the top score of 350.
- The CBSE applied tie breaking rules such as ratio of positive and negative marks to rank them.
1. Pak to launch its own space programme
- The budget for the space agency is anticipated to be around Rs.4.70 bn.
- Pak will also establish space centres in Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
2. Javid to be UK Home Sec
- Sajid Javid is appointed as new UK Home Secretary.
- This comes after Amber Rudd resigned from the post.
3. Iran bans Telegram
- Iran says that the app has become a safe place for terrorist groups.
- Last year, Iran launched a probe against its CEO for a similar reason.
1. Uday Kotak to be CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- He is redesignated as the MD and CEO of the bank.
- Earlier, he was the executive Vice Chairman and MD.
2. UNICEF allows donation via crypto mining
- ’The HopePage’ allows users to donate by mining Monero.
- The proceeds will be converted to fiat currency and used for children.
3. GST for April crossed Rs.1 tn
- This is for the 1st time that the collection has reached Rs.1.03 tn.
- The average GST collection was Rs.89,885 cr.
4. Govt has no plans to cut excise duty
- Currently, govt levies duty of Rs.19.48/l on petrol and Rs.15.33/l on diesel.
- Every rupee deducted from excise duty will cost.
1. India lead ICC rankings with a lead
- India gained 4 points to stay on top of the list.
- South Africa is 2nd with a 13-point gap from India.
2. Indian shooter becomes world number 1
- Shahzar Rizvi became world number 1 in 10m air pistol category.
- Jitu Rai is ranked at no. 6 and Om Prakash at no. 12 in the list.