Daily Current Affairs 1 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Urban Cafe: River for Habitat
- National Mission for Clean Ganga with UN Habitat has organized a policy dialogue- ‘Urban Cafe: River for Habitat’ in New Delhi.
- The aim is to discuss the association that rivers have with various aspects of human civilization
- The United Nations Human Settlements Programme is the United Nations agency for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the First UN Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976.
2. ‘Technology Facility Centre’ Jorhat, Assam
- Foundation stone of Science Centre ‘Technology Facility Centre (TFC) has been laid in Jorhat, Assam.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the event.
- TFC is institutionalized by Department of Science & Technology (S&T) and CSIR.
3. Less Polluting Firecrackers
- SWAS : safe water releaser
- SAFAL: safe minimal aluminium
- STAR : safe thermite cracker
- Firecrackers named SWAS, SAFAL and STAR have been developed by CSIR.
4. FTII Chairman resigns
- Anupam Kher has resigned as chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- The Film and Television Institute of India is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and aided by the Central Government of India. It is situated on the premises of the erstwhile Prabhat Film Company in Pune.
1. UNWTO’s 109th session
- United Nations World Tourism Organization Executive Council’s 109th session was held in held in Manama, Bahrain.
- The aim is to discuss the agendas that are related to the development of global Tourism sector.
2. Gleitsman Award
- Malala Yousafzai will be honoured with ‘Gleitsman Award’ by Harvard University.
- Malala became the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
3. Living Planet Report 2018
- The twelfth edition of Bi-annual Living Planet Report 2018 was released by World Wildlife Fund(WWF).
- 60% of Flora and fauna from 1970 to 2014, have been wiped out
1. World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Report, 2018
- Top FIve :- New Zealand, Singapore, Denmark, Hong Kong and South Korea.
- The World Bank has released its latest Doing Business Report of 190 economies.
- India climbed 23 spots from a year ago to rank 77 out of 190 countries.
2. NIIF’s new Acquisition
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has acquired IDFC Infrastructure Finance.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
3. Mphasis signed with IIM Bangalore’s incubation centre
- Mphasis has signed with NSRCEL to support the early-stage social venture.
- NSRCEL is the start-up incubation centre at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
1. Asian Snooker Tour title
- Pankaj Advani won the 2nd leg of the Asian Snooker Tour title in Jinan, China.
- He is an English billiards and former snooker player from India. He is a 19-time World Champion and has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards, holding the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in three different years: 2005, 2008 and 2012 and recently in 2017.
2. India withdraw from SWAFF
- SAFF members(Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and India) have pulled out of South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF).
- SWAFF was formed in August 2018, had held its first general assembly in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- South Asian Football Federation :- South Asian Football Federation, founded in 1997, is an association of the football playing nations in South Asia and is part of the larger Asian Football Confederation. Its founding members are Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Bhutan joined the federation in 2000 and Afghanistan in 2005.
3. Sandeep Singh’s Statue at Jaipur Wax Museum
- Former Indian Hockey captain Sandeep Singh’s statue has been installed at the Jaipur Wax Museum.
- Sandeep Singh is an Indian professional field hockey player from Haryana and an ex-captain of the Indian national team. He generally features as a full back and is a penalty corner specialist for the team. He was famous as Flicker Singh in media. Singh currently holds a DSP rank in the Haryana Police.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 November
Extraordinary work guys