Daily Current Affairs 1 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Paramilitary readies non-lethal weapons
- The devices are for peace-keeping during incidents of civil unrest.
- The devices include shock batons, chilli grenades and laser dazzler which causes temporary blindness.
2. UP CM performs priest duties for 5 days in Gorakhpur
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath who is the head priest at the Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur conducted the rituals during Navratri.
- He is the first CM to lead a Dussehra procession from the monastery.
3. AIR may launch new services in Japan, Germany
- All India Radio has announced plans to expand its global operations to Japan, Germany, Canada, Maldives.
- AIR’s External Services Division presently broadcasts programmes to over 108 countries.
4. Stampede hit bridge was not widened despite sanction
- Ex-Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had sanctioned Rs.12 crore in Feb 2016 for the widening of the foot overbridge at Mumbai’s Elphinstone station.
- Last week, 23 people lost lives in a stampede at the same foot overbridge.
1. UAE begins charging ‘sin’ tax on tobacco, energy drinks
- Tobacco and energy drinks will be taxed at 100% while a 50% tax will be levied on soft drinks.
- This comes as the country aims to diversify revenue generation from sources other than oil and cope with low global energy prices.
2. Italy orders N Korean envoy to leave country
- Italy has ordered the North Korean ambassador to leave the country in a protest over N Korea’s missile launches and nuclear tests.
- Italy said that N Korea has to understand that isolation is inevitable if it does not change the course.
3. 22 Pak, IS terrorists killed
- They were killed in a joint military operation conducted by the US and Afghanistan in the province of Nangarhar.
- Two ISIS hideouts were also destroyed in the air strike.
1. India to get its first shipment of US crude oil tomorrow
- The govt has encouraged state-controlled refiners to buy US and Canadian crude from US Gulf coast as it looks at cheaper alternatives.
- Notably, India is the 3rd largest oil importer.
2. Volkswagen withdraws sale of Ducati unit
- This comes amid persistent opposition from its labour groups.
- Volkswagen considered selling Ducati as part of an asset review to examine options for operations that aren’t a fit for its car and truck focus.
3. Lehman, Citi settle $2 billion financial crisis-era dispute
- Citigroup and Lehman Brothers have resolved the fight over $2.1 billion after Citigroup agreed to give back $1.74 billion to the estate of Lehman Brothers.
- The money was returned after Lehman argued that it should go to its creditors.
1. India need to beat Aus in 5th ODI to regain world no.1 spot
- With the win, resulting in 4-1 series win for India, the team will rise one rating point above the currently top-ranked South Africa.
- If Australia wins the match, they would still remain the third spot.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15