Daily Current Affairs 1 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Reservation to transgenders
- Uttarakhand Govt. to provide reservation to transgenders in educational institutions and public appointments.
- Governor :- Baby Rani Maurya || Chief Minister :- Trivendra Singh Rawat (BJP).
2. PTI chairman
- N. Ravi has been elected Chairman of the Press Trust of India (PTI).
- He was Publisher and former Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu.
3. State Disaster Response Fund
- Centre has enhanced its contribution in State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) to 90% from 75%.
- Now Centre will contribute 90 % and states will contribute 10 %.
4. India’s first corn festival
- It has begun in Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh.
- Governor :- Anandiben Patel || Chief Minister :- Shivraj Singh Chouhan (BJP)
1. International Sanitation Convention
- Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention is being held in New Delhi.
- It is being organised by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to mark the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi.
2. Sustainable Development Goals SDG
- The Sustainable Development Goals are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly. These are part of Resolution 70/1 of the United Nations General Assembly: “Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.” That has been shortened to “2030 Agenda.”
- SDG No. 6 aim to reach everyone with sanitation and increase recycling and safe reuse.
3. ‘Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism’
- India has emphasised the demand for a Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT) at the UN General Assembly recently.
- It is a proposed by India in 1996 which is yet to adopted by UN General Assembly that intends to criminalize all forms of international terrorism.
4. International Translation Day
- International Translation Day was observed on 30 September.
- Theme :- ‘Translation: Promoting Cultural Heritage in Changing Times’.
1. Elon Musk quits as Tesla Chairman
- Elon Musk has agreed to step down as chairman of Tesla’s board for three years as part of an agreement with the SEC to resolve a securities fraud case. He will also pay a $20 million fine.
- Tesla, Inc. was founded in 2003, is an American multinational corporation based in Palo Alto, California, that specializes in electric vehicles, lithium-ion battery energy storage and solar panel manufacturing.
2. Google with Indian Railway
- Rail Heritage Digitisation Project was launched by Minister of Railways and Coal in collaboration with Google Arts and Culture.
- It will present India’s Rail Heritage to an International level in an online story-telling platform.
3. Flute performance research institute
- Tripura Govt. will installed a flute performance research institute.
- Governor :- Kaptan Singh Solanki || Chief Minister :- Biplab Kumar Deb (BJP).
1. 25th Asian junior individual squash championship
- Yuvraj Wadhwani has clinched Asian Junior Squash title in Chennai.
- He defeated Anas Ali Shah(Pakistan) under-13 boys title.
2. Russian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Russian Grand Prix.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas. He is a four-time Formula One World Champion.
3. Batumi Chess Olympiad 2018
- 43rd Chess Olympiad, organised by the Federation Internationale des Chess and comprising open and women’s tournaments.
- It is being held in Batumi, Georgia.