Daily Current Affairs 1 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Integrated Defence Staff Raising Day
- Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) is celebrating its 19th Raising Day on 1st October.
- The Integrated Defence Staff is an organisation responsible for fostering coordination and enabling prioritisation across the different branches of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Deputy Minister responsible: Shripad Naik, Minister of State for Ministry of Defence || Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence
2. World Hindu Economic Forum
- The 7th edition of World Hindu Economic Forum (WHEF) 2019 was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Theme: ‘Prosperous Society: Stronger Society’.
3. ‘India’s most powerful women in media’ Award
- Indian journalist Kallie Puri was honoured with ‘India’s Most Powerful Women in Media’ award.
- She received the global honour at Confluence Excellence Awards at the British Parliament.
- Kallie Puri is currently serving as the Vice-Chairperson of the India Today Group.
- The Confluence Excellence Awards aim to recognize individuals for their innovative leadership and the success they have achieved through revolutionizing their field of work. The awards were established by the Confluence Foundation, which was founded by SmitaSrivastav.
4. Viju Khote passes away
- Hindi and Marathi actor Viju Khote has passed away.
- Viju Khote was an Indian actor who was known for his work in more than 440 films in Hindi and Marathi cinema. He was famous as the dacoit Kalia in the film Sholay and the dialogue, “Sardar maine aapka namak khaya hai” and Robert in movie Andaz Apna Apna with the dialogue “galti se mistake hogaya”.
5. M P Birla Memorial Award 2019
- Physicist Thanu Padmanabhan has been awarded MP Birla Memorial Award 2019 for his contributions to cosmology.
- Thanu Padmanabhan is an Indian theoretical physicist and cosmologist whose research spans a wide variety of topics in Gravitation, Structure formation in the universe and Quantum Gravity. He has published more than 260 papers and reviews in international journals and ten books in these areas.
6. Kalam Centre for Science and Technology
- DRDO and Central University of Jammu has signed an MoU to set up Kalam Centre for Science and Technology.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence || Agency executive: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO
1. World Vegetarian Day
- World Vegetarian Day is observed annually around the planet on October 1.
- It is a day of celebration established by the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978, “To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.”
2. International Coffee Day
- International Coffee Day is observed on 1 October.
- International Coffee Day is an occasion that is used to promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring in places across the world.
- The first official date was 1 October 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization and was launched in Milan.
3. International Day for Older Persons
- The International Day of Older Persons is observed on October 1 each year.
- On December 14, 1990 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons as recorded in Resolution 45/106. The holiday was observed for the first time on October 1, 1991.
4. J. Michael Mendel passes away
- Four-time Emmy Award winner J. Michael Mendel has passed away.
- Joel Michael Mendel was an American television producer. He was a four-time Emmy Award winner for his work on The Simpsons and Rick and Morty.
5. Jacques Chirac passes away
- Former French President Jacques Chirac has passed away.
- Jacques René Chirac was a French politician who served as President of France and ex officio Co-Prince of Andorra from 1995 to 2007. Chirac was previously the Prime Minister of France from 1974 to 1976 and from 1986 to 1988, as well as the Mayor of Paris from 1977 to 1995.
6. Exercise ‘Maitree’
- Indo-Thailand Joint exercise ‘Maitree’ is ongoing at Umroi Military station in Meghalaya.
- Thailand: Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
1. Assam Tourism with Instagram
- Assam Tourism Development Corporation has announced its collaboration with Instagram to provide fresh impetus to tourism.
- Instagram from Facebook or simply Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
2. International Egg Commission chief
- Suresh Chitturi has been appointed as chairman of the International Egg Commission.
- Suresh Chitturi is currently vice Chairman and Managing Director of India’s leading poultry firm Srinivasa Farms.
- International Egg Commission Headquarters: United Kingdom.
3. World’s Biggest Transport Space Ship
- Japan has launched H-2B rocket with cargo vessel Kounotori8 towards International Space Station which intends to deliver 5.3 tonnes of supplies to astronauts at the ISS.
- This Rocket is considered as the world’s biggest transport spaceship.
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency is the Japanese national aerospace and space agency. Through the merger of three previously independent organizations, JAXA was formed on 1 October 2003.
4. ‘Project NETRA’ of ISRO
- ISRO has initiated ‘Project NETRA’ which is an early warning system in space to detect debris and other hazards to Indian satellites.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration”.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Budget: ₹10,252 crore (US$1.5 billion); (FY 2019-20) || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
1. World Athletics Championships
- Men’s 100 metres Gold Medal: Christian Coleman of USA
- Women’s 100 metres Gold Medal: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica
- Annu Rani became the first Indian to qualify for the women’s javelin throw final in World Athletics Championships with best attempt of 62.43m which is a National Record.
2. Tennis Player Sumit Nagal
- Indian Tennis player Sumit Nagal has won the Buenos Aires Challenger Tournament.
- He defeated Facundo Bognis in the men’s singles final.
3. 2019 Korea Open (Badminton)
- Men’s Singles: Japan’s Kento Momota
- Women’s Singles: China’s He Bingjiao
- The 2019 Korea Open was a badminton tournament which took place at Incheon Airport Skydome in Incheon, South Korea
4. SAFF U-18 Championship 2019
- Winner: India
- Runner-up: Bangladesh
- Host City: Kathmandu, Nepal