Daily Current Affairs 1 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Arunachal Pradesh to get 3 new districts
- The State Assembly has passed Arunachal Pradesh Re-Organisation of Districts (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- The 3 new districts will be created in the state.
- Lepa Rada
- Shi Yomi
2. Andhra CM to address UN
- As invited by the United Nations,CM Chandrababu Naidu to deliver a keynote address at UN Forum
- The name of event is ‘Financing Sustainable Agriculture: Global Challenges and Opportunities’.
3. Indian Railways with GAIL India
- Both have signed MOU for use of Natural Gas in railway workshops and production units.
- Gail Limited is the largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution company in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi.
1. List of Loans approved by ADB
- 1. $245 million loan for safe, sustainable drinking water service in West Bengal.
- 2. $375 million loan for Madhya Pradesh Irrigation Efficiency Improvement Project.
- $346 million loan for road improvement in Karnataka.
2. Exercise KAKADU 2018
- INS Sahyadri to participate in Exercise KAKADU 2018 Port of Darwin,Australia.
- Exercise KAKADU is a joint-enabled, biennial exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Navy and supported by the Royal Australian Air Force.
3. Exercise Vostok-2018
- Vostok 2018 is a large-scale Russian military exercise, to be held from 11 to 15 September 2018.
- Vostok-2018 will involve participation of units from Russian Army, Air Force and Navy.
1. Coca-Cola with Costa Coffee chain
- Coca-Cola Company will acquire British coffee chain Costa Coffee.
- Costa Coffee is a British multinational coffeehouse company headquartered in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Whitbread. It is the second largest coffeehouse chain in the world, and the largest in the UK.
2. Vodafone-Idea merger
- National Company Law Tribunal has given the final clearance for the merger, Now Vodafone-Idea merger is completed.
- The combined entity is now has around 408 million active subscribers.
3. IBM to build global solutions for disaster management
- The ‘Call for Code’ initiative started by IBM for the same.
- Indian IT companies(Persistent Systems, Invest India, Wipro, Cape Gemini and NASSCOM) will partner with IBM for this initiative.
1. Asian Games
- Amit Panghal clinched gold in the men’s Boxing 49kg final. He defeated 2016 Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov.
- Pranab Bardhan and Shibnath Sarkar bagged first-ever gold in men’s pair bridge event.
2. Asian Games
- Indian women’s hockey team lose to Japan 1-2 in the final and settled for the silver.
- India women’s squash team settled for silver after losing to Hong Kong 2-0 in the final.
3. Usain Bolt’s New Debut
- Usain Bolt made his football debut for Central Coast Mariners(Australian football club).
- He is a Jamaican retired sprinter and world record holder in the 100 metres, 200 metres and 4 × 100 metres relay. His reign as Olympic Games champion in all of these events spans three Olympics.
4. Indian Kho Kho team to get financial support
- Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the participation of Kho Kho team at the First International Kho Kho Championship.
- International Kho Kho Championship will be held in England in September.