Daily Current Affairs 10th-11th March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th-11th March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th-11th March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th-11th March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘COVA Punjab’ App
- ‘COVA Punjab’ App has been lunched by Punjab Government as COVA stands for Corona Virus Alert.
- VP Singh Badnore is Governor of Punjab.
2. Top State in domestic solar rooftop installations
- Gujarat has topped the list for domestic solar rooftop installations.
- Gujarat has nearly 64% of domestic solar installations.
- Chief Minister of Gujarat: Vijay Rupani || Governor of Gujarat: Acharya Dev Vrat.
3. ‘I am also digital’ Campaign
- Kerala is all set to launch Digital Literacy Drive ‘I am also digital’.
- Kerala: Capital- Thiruvananthapuram || Chief Minister -PinarayiVijayan || Governor- Arif Mohammad Khan.
4. Gross Environment Product (GEP)
- Uttarakhand has become the first state of the country to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP).
- Aim: To quantify ecological growth measurement.
1. New Afghanistan President
- Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was sworn in for a second term as the President for the Afghanistan.
- Capital: Kabul || Currency: Afghan afghani
2. COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Mastercard have launched ‘COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator’ Fund of $125 Million USD.
- Aim: To accelerate technologies to fight against the COVID-19 epidemic.
1. FICCI-IBA survey
- According to FICCI-IBA survey, The proportion of Banks reporting rise in NPA Levels increases from 26% To 28% in July to December 2019.
- Indian Banks’ Association, formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai.
- IBA: Establishment– 1946 || Chairman– Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organization in India.
- FICCI: Establishment– 1927 || President– Sangita Reddy || Secretary General– DilipChenoy || Headquarters– New Delhi
1. DigiPivot by Google
- Google India has launched ‘DigiPivot’ Skill Development Programme for women.
- It is designed for women who are looking to return to their corporate careers after a break
2. India’s Growth Rate by Moody’s
- Moody’s has cut India Growth forecast to 5.3% for 2020 on dampened domestic demand.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
- Moody’s: Headquarters: New York || CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr
1. Book ‘The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat’
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has released book titled ‘The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat’.
- It deals about the life and works of Naveen Patnaik’s father Biju Patnaik.
2. Book ‘The 12 commandments of Being A Woman’
- Bollywood writer, filmmaker Tahira Kashyap has launched her book ‘The 12 commandments of Being A Woman’.
- Tahira Kashyap is an Indian Writer, Professor, and Theatre Director. She is the wife of well known Bollywood Actor, Ayushmann Khurrana. Let’s dig out some more information on Tahira’s life.
Science and Technology News
- India is planning to launch Chandrayaan-3 by first half of 2021.
- ISRO: Bengaluru, Karnataka || Chairman of ISRO: K. Sivan || ISRO established: 15 August 1969.
2. Perseverance Mars Rover
- NASA has named Mars 2020 rover as ‘Perseverance’.
- NASA: Headquarter: Washington DC || Administrator of NASA: Jim Bridenstine.
1. First woman DIG of Indian Coast Guard
- Nupur Kulshrestha has become the first woman DIG of Indian Coast Guard.
- Director-General of Indian Coast Guard: Krishnaswamy Natarajan || Headquarters of Indian Coast Guard: New Delhi.
1. CISF Raising Day
- Central Industrial Security Force Raising Day is observed every year on 10 March.
- The Central Industrial Security Force is a Central Armed Police Force in India. It was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969 with a strength of 2,800. CISF was subsequently made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
2. No Smoking Day
- No Smoking Day is an annual health awareness day in the United Kingdom which is intended to help smokers who want to quit smoking.
- The first No Smoking Day was on Ash Wednesday in 1984, and it now takes place on the second Wednesday in March.
1. Hans Raj Bhardwaj Passes Away
- Former Union Law Minister and Congress veteran Hans Raj Bhardwaj has passed away.
- Hansraj Bhardwaj was an Indian politician who was Governor of Karnataka from 2009 to 2014; he also served as Governor of Kerala from 2012 until 2013. He was a member of the Indian National Congress.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Rolls-Royce partners with IIT-Madras
- Rolls-Royce has partnered with the Indian Institute of Technology Madras to promote joint research programmes.
- Rolls Royce: Founded: 15 March 1906, Manchester, United Kingdom || Headquarters: Derby, United Kingdom
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. MS Swaminathan Award
- V Praveen Rao has won MS Swaminathan Award for the period 2017-2019.
- V Praveen Rao is currently the Vice-Chancellor of Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University.
- Mankombu Sambasivan Swaminathan is an Indian geneticist and administrator, known for his role in India’s Green Revolution, a program under which high-yield varieties of wheat and rice were planted.
2. Business Line Changemaker Awards 2020
- Changemaker (Social Transformation) – Shanti Raghavan
- Changemaker -(Digital Transformation)- Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
- Changemaker – (Financial Transformation)- India Stack
- Young Changemaker- Pradeep Mewada
- Young Changemakers- Rashid k; Vimal Govind; Arun George and Nikhil P
- Iconic Changemaker- Arunachalam Muruganandam
- Changemaker of the Year- Dutee Chand
- Changemaker of the year- ISRO
1. BBC Indian Sportswoman of Year Award
- PV Sindhu has won BBC Indian Sportswoman of Year Award
- BBC has conferred former Indian sprinter PT Usha with the Lifetime Achievement award.
2. Wasim Jaffer retires
- Wasim Jaffer has announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Wasim Jaffer is an Indian former cricketer. He is a right-handed opening batsman and an occasional right arm off-break bowler. He is currently the highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy cricket, surpassing AmolMuzumdar. In November 2018, he became the first batsman to score 11,000 runs in the competition.