Daily Current Affairs 10 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi launches India’s 1st all-electric high-speed train
- It is the 1st big Make-in-India project completed by France’s Alstom.
- The country has engine with 12,000 horsepower and a maximum speed of 120 kmph.
2. Section 144 imposed ahead of Bharat Bandh
- Section 144 has been imposed in Jaipur, Bharatpur, Bhopal, Nainital.
- The Bharat Bandh has been called by some groups to protest against the caste-based reservation system.
3. Don’t meddle with country’s security issues : Centre to SC
- The Centre told the SC that the court cannot issue an order directing the govt to ensure entry of foreigners in India.
- The court was hearing a plea against the Centre’s decision to deport Rohingya Muslims to Myanmar.
4. Eight theatre Olympics concludes in Mumbai
- It concluded after a glorious run of 51 days across 17 cities of India .
- It was inaugurated by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu in February 2018 at the Red Fort.
1. Pak starts Polio eradication drive amid Taliban threat
- The militant group killed 15 people outside a polio vaccination centre in 2016.
- Pakistan is one of the 3 countries in the world that suffers from endemic polio.
2. China warns against returning to Cold War mentality
- China’s Prez Xi Jinping has vowed to open up parts of the country’s economy amid rising tensions with the US.
- This comes a day after Trump spoke against Chinese tariffs on car imports.
3. Saudi Arabia to make Cannes Film Festival debut
- The Saudi Film Council has announced that it will participate in the 71st annual Cannes Film Festival from May 8 to 19.
- 9 short films made by young Saudi filmmakers will be screened at the Cannes’ Short Film Corner.
4. Kim Jong-un makes 1st official mention of US-N Korea talks
- He discussed the strategic and tactical issues to be maintained by the party.
- Trump and Jon-un are expected to meet for the 1st time in May this year.
1. Deutsche Bank appoint Christian Sewing as new CEO
- He has replaced John Cryan.
- Garth Ritchie will become deputy CEO.
2. Jet Airways rules out bid for Air India
- Jet Airways Deputy CEO Amit Agarwal said the decision was taken considering the offer’s terms.
- The announcement comes days after IndiGo said it did not want to buy Air India’s domestic and international networks together.
3. Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma to step down on Dec 31st
- Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma cuts short her tenure after RBI raises doubts, to step down on December 31.
- In Dec last year, the bank had decided to reappoint Sharma for a 4th 3-yr term starting June 2018.
4. Novartis buys US gene-therapy company
- Novartis agrees to buy AveXis for $8.7 bn.
- AveXis is developing a product to treat spinal muscular atrophy, an inherited neurodegenerative disease caused by a single defective gene.
1. Anas 1st Indian to enter CWG 400m final since Milkha Singh
- Muhammed Anas Yahiya has become the 1st Indian to qualify for the men’s 400m final at the CWG since Milkha Singh.
- Milkha had won gold in that race.
2. Heena Sidhu wins gold in 25m pistol
- This was Sidhu’s 2nd medal at CWG 2018 after winning silver in women’s 10m air pistol.
- With this, India has won 8 medals in shooting.
3. India beat Malaysia 2-1 to reachCommonwealth semifinals
- India’s Harmanpreet Singh scored both the goals.
- India are set to face England in their final pool match on Wednesday.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13