Daily Current Affairs 10 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First Indian Railway Station with ISO certification
- Guwahati Railway Station has become first Indian railway station to get an ISO certification from the National Green Tribunal.
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010 is an Act of the Parliament of India which enables creation of a special tribunal to handle the expeditious disposal of the cases pertaining to environmental issues.
- National Green Tribunal for the effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources including enforcement of any legal right relating to environment and giving relief and compensation for the same.
2. Brand Ambassador of Jammu and Kashmir Election Commission
- Femina Miss India 2017 Runner-Up Sana Dua will be the brand ambassador of Jammu and Kashmir Election Commission.
- Sana Dua is an Indian lawyer, who is also a model and beauty pageant titleholder, who was crowned 1st runner up at Femina Miss India 2017. She participated in Miss United Continents 2017 contest in Guayaquil, Ecuador in September 2017 and made it to the top 10.
3. “Sahulat” Mobile App
- ‘Sahulat’ mobile app is launched to facilitate elderly voters in Jammu.
- The app has been developed by the district unit of the National Informatics Centre.
- Jammu and Kashmir :- Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter) || Governor: Satya Pal Malik
1. City to implement 24×7 Pollution Charge Zone
- London has become first city in the world to implement a Ultra Low Emission Zone.
- Inside Ultra Low Emission Zone, vehicles will have to meet emissions standards.
- UK:- Capital: London || Currency: Pound Sterling || PM: Theresa Mary May
2. US Homeland Secretary Steps down
- US Homeland Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has stepped down from her post.
- She is an American attorney who served as the sixth United States Secretary of Homeland Security.
- The United States Secretary of Homeland Security is the head of the United States Department of Homeland Security, the body concerned with protecting the U.S. and the safety of U.S. citizens. The secretary is a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- The position was created by the Homeland Security Act following the attacks of September 11, 2001.
3. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps
- USA has designated Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) a foreign terrorist organisation.
- It is the first time that USA has designated an entity of another Country as a terrorist organization.
- Iran :- President: Hassan Rouhani || Capital: Tehran || Currency: Iranian rial || Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei || Official language: Persian
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
4. Exercise ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’
- India-Singapore Joint Military Exercise ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’ will be held in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi.
- Singapore, an island city-state off southern Malaysia, is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population.
- Currency: Singapore dollar || Recognised national languages: Malay || Official scripts: Latin script (English and Malay); Simplified Chinese; Tamil
1. Adani Power’s New Acquisition
- Adani Power has received a Letter of Intent to acquire Korba West Power Company Ltd (KWPCL).
- Adani Power Limited, formerly Adani Power Private Limited is the power business subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani Group with head office at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Parent organization: Adani Group || CEO: Vneet Jaain || Headquarters: Ahmedabad
2. ‘Global Slag Company of the Year’ Award
- Tata Steel has been awarded as the ‘Global Slag Company of the Year’ at the 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019.
- It was given for innovative practices in development of new applications for Steel by-products (Slag).
- The 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019 was held in Aachen, Germany.
3. World Economic Outlook 2019
- According to IMF, India is projected to grow at 7.3% in 2019 and 7.5% in 2020.
- The world economy will grow 3.3% this year, down from 3.6% in 2018 and 4% in 2017.
- The International Monetary Fund is an international organization headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of “189 countries working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States || CEO: Christine Lagarde || Membership: 189 countries || Location: Headquartered in Washington, D.C. || Founded: 27 December 1945, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States || Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
4. BSE with HDFC Bank
- Bombay Stock Exchange has signed an MoU with HDFC Bank to spread awareness about BSE Startups platform.
- BSE Ltd has set up the BSE Start-ups Platform as per the rules and regulations laid down by SEBI. BSE Start-ups Platform offers an entrepreneur and investor friendly environment, which enables the listing of Start-ups from the unorganized sector scattered throughout India, into a regulated and organized sector.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange.
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
1. Monterrey Open Tennis tournament
- The Monterrey Open is a professional women’s tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. The event is affiliated with the Women’s Tennis Association, and is part of the International tournaments on the WTA Tour.
- Winner Women’s Single :- Garbine Muguruza(Spanish).
2. Indian Swimmer Kushagra Rawat
- Indian swimmer Kushagra Rawat has been qualified for 2020 Olympics, Tokyo.
- 2020 Olympics: Host city: Tokyo, Japan || Dates: 24 Jul 2020 – 9 Aug 2020 || Motto: Discover Tomorrow
3. Ice Hockey World Championships 2019
- The 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship is scheduled to be hosted by Slovakia, as announced by the IIHF on 15 May 2015.
- The Ice Hockey World Championships are an annual international men’s ice hockey tournament organized by the International Ice Hockey Federation. First officially held at the 1920 Summer Olympics, it is the sport’s highest profile annual international tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30