Daily Current Affairs 10th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Karaga Festival
- The annual Karaga Festival of Karnataka has been postponed amid COVID-19.
- Karaga is a folk dance of Karnataka which originated as a ritual dedicated to Draupadi as known in these parts as Droupthamma. The ritual is performed on a full moon day. The ritual pot filled with water and adorned with decorations several feet high is carried by the priest.
2. iGOT platform
- Government of India has announced the launch of ‘iGOT platform’, a learning platform to combat COVID-19.
- The platform delivers curated, role-specific content, to each learner at his place of work or home and to any device of his choice.
- The pharmacists, known as “Swasth ke Sipahi” of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra are delivering essential services and medicines at doorstep.
- It is under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) of the Government of India.
1. New Governor of Nepal Central Bank
- Maha Prasad Adhikari has been appointed as the new Governor of Nepal Central Bank.
- The Nepal Rastra Bank was established on April 26, 1956 A.D. under the Nepal Rastra Bank Act 1955 AD to regulate and systematize domestic financial sector. As the central bank of Nepal, it is the monetary, supervisory and regulatory body of all the commercial banks. financial institutions and micro-finances.
- Founded: 26 April 1956 || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Headquarters location: Kathmandu, Nepal
1. India’s Growth forecast by Goldman Sachs
- Goldman Sachs has lowered India’s Growth Forecast for FY 21 to 1.6% from 3.3%.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York City. It offers services in investment management, securities, asset management, prime brokerage, and securities underwriting.
- CEO: David M. Solomon || Headquarters: New York
Science and Technology News
1. COVIDCARE app
- Arunachal Pradesh government has launched ‘COVIDCARE’ App to fight COVID-19.
- Arunachal Pradesh: Capital: Itanagar || Chief minister: Pema Khandu || Governor : B.D Mishra
1. New MD & CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance has appointed Parag Raja as its new MD & CEO.
- Founded: 2005: Subsidiary: Bharti AXA Life Insurance, Asset Management Arm
1. World Homoeopathy Day
- World Homoeopathy Day is observed on 10th April.
- Theme: ‘Enhancing the scope of Homoeopathy in Public Health’.
- Dr.Samuel Hahnemann Founder of Homoeopathy
Agreements and MoUs
1. Hindustan Unilever with UNICEF
- Hindustan Unilever joins hands with UNICEF to launch ‘BreakTheChain’ campaign against coronavirus.
- HUL Chairman and Managing Director– Sanjiv Mehta
- UNICEF: Headquarters– New York || Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
2. L&T with Indian Army
- L&T Technology Services has signed an agreement with the Indian Army to set up an advanced IT-enabled system.
- L&T Technology Services Limited is an engineering services company based in Vadodara, Gujarat. It operates as a subsidiary of the conglomerate Larsen & Toubro, and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- CEO: Keshab Panda || Headquarters: Vadodar
3. Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) with UNICEF
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) in collaboration with UNICEF, has developed a digital communication strategy for promoting a digital campaign for Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- UNICEF Formation: 1946 || Headquarters: New York || President of UNICEF: H.E. Ms Rabab Fatima
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. ‘The Richest in 2020’ by Forbes
- 1. Jeff Bezos (Amazon)
- 2. Bill Gates (Microsoft)
- 3. Bernard Arnault (CEO of LVMH)
- Mukesh Ambani has been ranked at 17th place in ‘The Richest in 2020’ by Forbes.
- Forbes: CEO– Michael Federle || Headquarters– New york, United States
1. Radomir Antic passes away
- Former Real Madrid & Barcelona coach Radomir Antic has passed away.
- RadomirAntić was a Serbian professional football manager and player. Following a 17-year playing career as a defender, most of which he spent playing at Partizan, with whom he won the Yugoslav First League, Antić moved into coaching.
2. Leading Cricketer in the World 2020 by Wisden
- England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes has been named the leading cricketer in the world 2020 by Wisden.
- Australia’s Ellyse Perry has been named the Wisden’s Leading Female Cricketer in the World.
- Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, or simply Wisden, colloquially the Bible of Cricket, is a cricket reference book published annually in the United Kingdom. The description “bible of cricket” was first used in the 1930s by Alec Waugh in a review for the London Mercury.