Daily Current Affairs 10 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Missile Agni V
- The launch operations of Missile Agni V were carried out by the Strategic Forces Command in presence of Scientists from DRDO.
- Agni V si a long-range surface-to-surface Nuclear Capable Ballistic missile
2. First Underwater Museum in India
- Puducherry coast will have First Underwater Museum in India on INS Cuddalore, a Pondicherry-class vessel.
- INS Cuddalore (M69) was a modified Natya-class minesweeper of the Pondicherry class ships that were in service with the Indian Navy.
3. Skoch Award
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has been conferred the Skoch Award in New Delhi.
- The award is for installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacity.
4. First State to have four International Airports
- Kannur international airport has been inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu and Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan.
- This makes Kerala the only state in the country to have four international airports.
- Cochin International Airport
- Trivandrum International Airport
- Calicut International Airport
- Kannur International Airport
1. Global Wage Report 2018-19
- Acc. to the report, Gender Wage Gap is highest in India, Women are paid 34% less than Men.
- The International Labour Organization, which will mark its centenary in 2019, is a United Nations agency that sets international labour standards and promotes social protection and work opportunities for all. The ILO has 187 member states: 186 of the 193 UN member states plus the Cook Islands are members of the ILO.
2. Miss World 2018
- Vanessa Ponce de Leon (Mexico) has been crowned as Miss World 2018 by Manushi Chhillar at Sanya, China.
- Anukreethy Vas (India) failed to make into the top 30.
3. Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to replace Angela Merkel
- Christian Democrat Union has elected Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to replace Angela Merkel as the party leader.
- Angela Merkel has announced that she will step down as leader of Christian Democrat Union.
4. World Soil Prize 2018
- Rattan Lal has won the Glinka World Soil Prize 2018 in Rome.
- The Glinka Prize is a an annual award for dynamic change-makers dedicated to solving one of our world’s most pressing environmental issue: Soil Degradation.
5. Mr Supranational 2018
- Mr India Prathamesh Maulingkar(Goa) has been named Mr Supranational 2018 in Poland.
- Mr Poland was the first runner up followed by Mr Brazil as the second runner up.
6. Asian Academy Creative Awards
- Best Entertainment Host Award :- Actor Salman Khan for ‘Bigg Boss’.
- Best Direction [Fiction] Award :- Director Anurag Kashyap for ‘Sacred Games’.
1. SMART – State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation
- World Bank has assisted Maharashtra Govt. in SMART Project to transform rural Maharashtra Region.
- The WORLD BANK is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
2. RBI Governor Urjit Patel steps down
- Urjit Patel has resigned as RBI governor, citing personal reason.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee. It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- Bank rate: 6.75% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% || Headquarters: Mumbai || Subsidiary: National Housing Bank
1. Copa Libertadores Football competition
- River Plate has defeated Boca Juniors 3-1 to claim Copa Libertadores title.
- The CONMEBOL Libertadores, named as Copa Libertadores de América, is an annual international club football competition organized by CONMEBOL since 1960. It is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in South American football.
2. 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup
- Argentina, Germany, Australia and India are in Quarterfinals.
- Turtle Olly: Mascot of the 2018 hockey
- The 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup is the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup field hockey tournament. It is being held from 28 November to 16 December 2018, at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India
3. 62nd National Shooting Championship
- 62nd National Shooting Championship Competitions Shotgun was organized by National Rifle Association of India at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,10 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10