Daily Current Affairs 10 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Private Secretary to Home Minister
- Saket Kumar has been appointed as Private secretary to Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Saket Kumar is a 2009-batch IAS officer of the Bihar cadre.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India. As the interior ministry of India, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah.
- Ministry executive: Rajiv Gauba, IAS, Home Secretary
2. Girish Karnad passes away
- Girish Raghunath Karnad was an Indian actor, film director, Kannada writer, playwright and a Rhodes Scholar, who predominantly worked in South Indian cinema and Bollywood.
- He was a recipient of the 1998 Jnanpith Award, Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan.
3. Crazy Mohan passes away
- Crazy Mohan was an Indian actor, comedian, screenwriter and playwright.
- Mohan started writing stage plays and established his own drama troupe called “Crazy Creations” in 1979. In addition to dramas and tele-serials, he has worked as a dialogue writer on a number of comedy films.
1. New Prime Minister of Thailand
- Prayuth Chan-ocha has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Thailand.
- Thailand :- Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
2. ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award 2019
- The ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award 2019 is presented by Amnesty International.
- A 16-year old climate activist Greta Thunberg of Sweden has won ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award for 2019.
- Sweden :- Capital: Stockholm || Currency: Swedish krona
3. Dr John passes away
- Six-time Grammy Award winning singer and songwriter Malcolm John Rebennack Jr has passed away.
- Malcolm John Rebennack Jr, better known by his stage name Dr. John, was an American singer and songwriter.
- A Grammy Award, or Grammy, is an award presented by The Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the music industry. The annual presentation ceremony features performances by prominent artists, and the presentation of those awards that have a more popular interest.
4. Sudan with African Union
- The African Union has suspended the participation of Sudan in all its activities.
- The suspension is until the effective establishment of a Civilian-led Transitional Authority.
- Capital: Khartoum || Currency: Sudanese pound
1. Ministry of Corporate Affairs with SEBI
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs has signed an MoU with SEBI for exchange of data between them.
- Aim :- To tighten regulatory oversight with seamless sharing of data between them.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992 || Sector: Securities market || Jurisdiction: India || Headquarters: Mumbai || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
2. Economic Growth forecasts for USA
- IMF has projected Economic Growth forecasts for USA to 2.6% in 2019 and 2.0% in 2020.
- IMF is an international organization headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 189 countries working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States || CEO: Christine Lagarde || Managing Director (MD): Christine Lagarde || Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath || Location: Headquartered in Washington, D.C.
3. George HW Bush Award for Statesmanship
- Jimmy Carter has won the inaugural George HW Bush Award for Statesmanship.
- He was awarded of his contributions to relations between U.S. and China.
- James Earl Carter Jr. is an American politician and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981.
- George Herbert Walker Bush was an American politician who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993.
4. Women’s Prize for Fiction
- American novelist Tayari Jones has won Women’s Prize for Fiction for her novel ‘An American Marriage’.
- The prize was established to recognise the literary achievement of female writers. The inspiration for the Baileys Prize was the Booker Prize of 1991, when none of the six shortlisted books was by a woman, despite some 60% of novels published that year being by female authors.
- An American Marriage is a novel by American author Tayari Jones. It was Jones’s fourth novel and was published in 2018 by Algonquin Books. In February 2018 it was chosen for Oprah’s Book Club 2.0.The novel also won the 2019 Women’s Prize for Fiction.
1. French Open 2019
- Men’s Singles Title :- Winner – Rafael Nadal (Spain) || Runner-up – Dominic Thiem (Austria)
- Women’s Singles Title :- Winner – Ashleigh Barty (Australia) || Runner-up – Marketa Vondrousova (Czech Republic).
- Men’s Doubles :- Winner -K. Krawietz (German) & A. Mies (German)
- Women’s Doubles :- Winner – KT. Babos (Hungary) & K. Mladenovic ( French)
- Mixed Doubles :- Winner – Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei) / Ivan Dodig (Croatia)
2. 2019 Canadian Grand Prix
- Winner :- Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
- Runner-up :- Sebastian Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari
- The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held on 9 June 2019 at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
3. Yuvraj Singh retires
- Yuvraj Singh has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Yuvraj Singh is a former Indian cricketer, who played in all forms of the game. An all-rounder who bats left-handed in the middle order and bowls slow left-arm orthodox, Yuvraj is the son of former Indian fast bowler and Punjabi actor Yograj Singh.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30