Daily Current Affairs 10 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First Anti-Naxal Women Commando Unit
- Chhattisgarh Police has deployed first Anti-Naxal Women Commando Unit in the state.
- It is led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Dineshwari Nand.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anandiben Patel.
2. Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT)
- Under ECI guideline 16.6, only the VVPAT slips from one EVM in every Assembly constituency is subjected to physical verification.
- The Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail is a method of providing feedback to voters using a ballot less voting system.
- It is an independent printer system attached with Electronic Voting Machine.
- SC has rejected Opposition plea to review order on VVPAT counting.
3. Kerala’s state amphibian
- Purple frog also known as Maveli frog or Pignose Frog can be designated as Kerala’s state amphibian.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram || Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor : Palanisamy Sathasivam
1. United Nations Global Road Safety Week
- The 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week is ongoing and will conclude on 12th May.
- Theme :- ‘Leadership for road safety’.
- This campaign was approved by the United Nations General Assembly.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA or GA; French: Assemblée générale, AG) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations (UN), the only one in which all member nations have equal representation, and the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
2. WHO with International Food and Beverage Alliance
- WHO has collaborated with International Food and Beverage Alliance to nullify Industrially Produced Trans Fat (iTFA) from food supply worldwide by 2023.
- Trans fat-intake leads to coronary heart disease.
- IFBA was founded in 2008 by the CEOs of leading food and non-alcoholic beverage companies to empower consumers to eat balanced diets and live healthier lives, in support of the World Health Organization’s efforts to improve global public health.
3. WTO Ministerial Meeting of Developing Countries
- WTO Ministerial meeting of developing countries is being hosted by India in New Delhi.
- The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Purpose: Reduction of tariffs and other barriers to trade || Founded: 1 January 1995 || Membership: 164 member states || Formation: 1 January 1995; 24 years ago || Official language: English, French, Spanish
4. Worlds First zero-waste flight
- Australian flight carrier, Qantas has operated world’s first zero-waste commercial flight.
- This airline has substituted single-use plastic items with more eco-friendly items to achieve zero-waste during a commercial flight.
- Qantas Airways is the flag carrier of Australia and its largest airline by fleet size, international flights and international destinations. It is the third oldest airline in the world, after KLM and Avianca having been founded in November 1920; it began international passenger flights in May 1935.
1. Indian Bank’s credit
- Bank credit grew by 13.2% in FY 2018-19 as compared to 10.3% in FY 2017-18.
- It is a report by Reserve Bank of India on deployment of gross credit across different sectors.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
- Bank rate: 6.50% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% (market determined) || Headquarters: Mumbai || Governor: Shaktikanta Das ||
2. GRIHA for Existing Day Schools
- Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment Council has launched ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’.
- It is a new rating tool to evaluate environmental performance of schools across India.
- GRIHA council was founded by The Energy and Resources Institute.
3. WhatsApp Pay
- Facebook is planning to use London as a key hub for the development of a new WhatsApp mobile payment feature.
- WhatsApp :- Initial release January 2009 || Headquarters :- Mountain View, California, United States || Founders :- Jan Koum and Brian Acton || CEO Chris Daniels
4. WCO Asia Pacific Region
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has organized World Customs Organisation (WCO) for Asia-Pacific region meeting in Kochi, Kerala.
- World Customs Organisation (WCO): Established in: 1952 || Established as: Customs Co-operation Council (CCC) || Renamed as WCO in 1994 || Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- The Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs is the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics in India.
- CBIC :- Chairperson: Pranab Kumar Das || Founded: 1 January 1964 || Elected officer responsible: ArunJaitley, Finance Minister of India || General nature: Federal law enforcement || Subsidiary: Directorate of Revenue Intelligence || Headquarters: Ministry of Finance, Secretariat Building, Delhi, New Delhi, India
1. Madrid Open final
- The 2019 Madrid Open (sponsored by Mutua) is a professional tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts at the Park Manzanares in Madrid, Spain from 3 May–12 May 2019.
- The Madrid Open is currently sponsored by Mutua Madrileña and known as the Mutua Madrid Open.
- It will be the 18th edition of the event on the ATP World Tour and 11th on the WTA Tour.
2. UEFA Europa League
- The final will be played on 29 May 2019 at the Olympic Stadium in Baku between Chelsea and Arsenal.
- The UEFA Europa League is an annual football club competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. Clubs qualify for the competition based on their performance in their national leagues and cup competitions.
- The 2018–19 UEFA Europa League is the 48th season of Europe’s secondary club football tournament organised by UEFA, and the 10th season since it was renamed from the UEFA Cup to the UEFA Europa League.
3. Coppa Italia Football cup
- The Coppa Italia is an Italian football annual cup competition. Its first edition was held in 1922 and was won by Vado.
- The 2018–19 Coppa Italia is the 72nd edition of the national cup in Italian football.
- The Final of Coppa Italia Football cup 2019 will be played on 15 May 2019 at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome between Atalanta and Lazio.